Application Note 1001_b: Configuring OpenLM to interface the Sentinel RMS license manager
OpenLM supports the monitoring of a wide variety of license managers such as Flexera FlexLM, Beta LM, IBM LUM, DSLS, Sentinel HASP, Sentinel RMS, RLM, and LM-X. This application note elaborates the steps required to configure OpenLM to interface the Sentinel RMS License Manager, and obtain reliable license reports and usage statistics.
Enabling the OpenLM server to work with RMS
In order to configure OpenLM to work with Sentinel RMS, please follow this procedure:
2. Copy these files to “C:\Program Files\OpenLM\OpenLM Server\LM”
3. Enter the OpenLM Server Configuration Form. Select the LM Tools tab → RMS.
4. Type in the full path of the executable file, i.e.: “C:\Program Files\OpenLM\OpenLM Server\LM\lsmon.exe” in the "RMS executable file" text box.
See the following image for further clarification:
Introducing a new Sentinel RMS server
After configuring the OpenLM configuration tool to work with Sentinel RMS as elaborated above, the user may introduce an new Sentinel RMS server under the License Servers tab:
1. Select the “License Servers” tab.
2. Select the RMS type from the “Type” dropdown list.
3. Type in a meaningful description in the “Description” text box.
4. Type in the appropriate “Hostname” and “Port” numbers. The Sentinel RMS default port is 5093.
5. Check the “Enabled” check box.
6. Click the “Apply” button. The Sentinel RMS server is now ready to interface the OpenLM.
OpenLM Broker configuration for RMS
The OpenLM Broker is an optional though highly recommended component, that should be installed and configured on the RMS license manager machine. It provides accurate license statistics, and facilitates communication between the OpenLM Server and the License manager.
First, download and install the latest OpenLM Broker version. Follow the installation and configuration instructions on the OpenLM Broker configuration Application Note.
In the License server port dialog, select the RMS license manager type from the 'Type' dropdown list.
In the port's Commands list make sure the ‘status’ command is
Document Revision Table
|1.1||Orik||Jun6, 2012||Added Broker|