Install OpenLM Broker – Linux
Make sure you have a single OpenLM Server installation on a central network server and that Java 11 is installed on your machine.
- Download the latest version of “OpenLM Broker” for Linux.
- Extract the archive:
tar -xzf OpenLM_Broker_126.96.36.199.tar.gz -C /opt/OpenLM/
- Navigate to the directory where it was extracted
- Open the settings.sh file in a text editor (e.g nano):
- Edit the following variables and save the file:
- BROKERSRVNAMEUSER – if you want to run the Broker process under a user different than root (make sure the files inside the Broker folder also have the appropriate user set as owner)
- JAVA_HOME – the path to the JDK or JRE 11 (e.g. /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk)
- Install the Broker with:
sudo ./broker.sh install
- Check it’s status:
sudo ./broker.sh status
- Run the detection script:
sudo ./detect.sh broker.xml <Hostname/IP of OpenLM Server>
- Restart the Broker service:
sudo ./broker.sh restart
- Open the OpenLM EasyAdmin user interface and approve the new license managers there.
(Optional – if you have a GUI):
Run the visual configuration tool with:
sudo ./broker.sh config