OpenLM is a license management and monitoring system for a wide variety of Network license types, such as Flexera FLEXnet Publisher (FLEXlm) and Sentinel RMS.
EasyCopy is a provider of Graphic solutions for a variety of disciplines, including Engineering, Geoscience and Life sciences.
OpenLM is proud to be an EasyCopy business partner. This document elaborates the steps required to configure OpenLM to interface the EasyCopy License Manager, and obtain reliable license reports and usage statistics. This capability is available for Easycopy versions 8.7.12 onward.
Monitoring of the EasyCopy license server requires the installation of:
- OpenLM Broker on the EasyCopy license server machine, and
- OpenLM Server on any Windows machine on the network (including the EasyCopy license server machine), as elaborated below.
The OpenLM Broker will query the EasyCopy license server locally, and propagate the data to the OpenLM Server.
Configuration of the OpenLM Server for EasyCopy
In order to configure OpenLM to work with the EasyCopy License Manager, follow this procedure:
2. Open the OpenLM Server configuration tool.
3. Select the License Servers tab, and click Add.
4. From the Type drop-down menu, select “OpenLM Generic“.
5. Type in a descriptive text in the Description text box (e.g.: “my easycopy license server”).
6. Set the Time Zone to where the License Server physically resides (e.g.: Eastern time).
7. Type in the EasyCopy server name in the Hostname text box (e.g.: easycopy_server).
8. Port: EasyCopy does not require a specific port number, but the OpenLM configuration tool does. Type in any 3 digit number number in the Port text box.
Note that the same number will need to be used in the OpenLM Broker configuration as well. See OpenLM Broker Configuration below.
9. “Is Triad Configuration”: OpenLM supports multiple server redundancy configurations for several types of license servers (e.g.: FlexLM, DSLS, IBM LUM). At the time of writing this article, OpenLM does not yet support multiple server redundancy for EasyCopy. Keep this box unchecked.
10. Clear the “OpenLM Server remotely queries license manager” check box, asserting that Usage information is obtained by the OpenLM Broker installation on the License manager machine.
11. Click Apply, and then consecutively the “Restart now” button.
Configuration of the OpenLM Broker for EasyCopy
1. Download and install the latest OpenLM Broker version. Follow the installation and configuration instructions on the OpenLM Broker Application Note: OpenLM Broker installation Guide: Quick Reference – AN4004a
2. Type in the OpenLM Server hostname (e.g. my_openLM_server)
3. Make sure the OpenLM server Port number (default: 7016) is open for inbound communication.
4. Click the green ‘+’ icon to add a new port, and set its type to “OpenLM Generic”
5. Fill in the license server’s name and port number exactly the same as for the OpenLM Server above (e.g. easycopy_server, 123 respectively).
5. In the ‘status’ and ‘data_inquiry’ command line text boxes, type in the full path format for the command “eclic.exe openlm”, see example below:
6. Click the ‘Apply’ and “Restart Broker” buttons.
That’s it !
OpenLM is now configured to monitor your EasyCopy license manager. Verify the OpenLM configuration via the EasyAdmin web application:
- Open the EasyAdmin web application.
- Click EasyAdmin Start → Widgets→ License Servers. The License Servers window appears.
- Verify that the configured license manager appear on the list. A green circle node indicates an active connection to a license server.