ProgeCAD is a general-purpose 2D and 3D design software useful for CAD field & concept sketch. It is compatible with AutoCAD and Direct Modeling in native .dwg.
OpenLM supports license monitoring of a wide, and ever growing variety of license managers. This application note elaborates the steps required to configure OpenLM to interface the ProgeCAD License Manager (NLM), and obtain reliable license reports and usage statistics. This capability is available for ProgeCAD NLM versions 13.0.18 onward. In a nutshell, the ProgeCAD license server is configured to provide a periodic XML file OpenLM parses this XML file and presents the usage results in the EasyAdmin web application.
Monitoring of the ProgeCAD license server requires the installation of:
- OpenLM Broker on the ProgeCAD license server machine, and
- OpenLM Server on any Windows machine on the network (including the ProgeCAD license server machine), as elaborated below.
The OpenLM Broker will query the ProgeCAD license server locally, and propagate the data to the OpenLM Server.
Configuration of the OpenLM Server
In order to configure OpenLM to work with the ProgeCAD License Manager, follow this procedure:
2. Open the OpenLM Server configuration tool.
3. Select the License Servers tab, and click Add.
4. From the Type drop-down menu, select “OpenLM Generic“.
5. Type in a descriptive text in the Description text box (e.g.: “my ProgeCAD license server”).
6. Set the Time Zone to where the License Server physically resides (e.g.: Eastern time).
7. Type in the license server’s hostname or IP in the Hostname text box (e.g. progecad_server)
Note that the exact same name will need to be used in the OpenLM Broker configuration as well (see below).
8. Type in the port number provided by ProgeCAD in the port text box(e.g. 51168).
Note that the same number will need to be used in the OpenLM Broker configuration as well (see below).
9. “Is Triad Configuration”: OpenLM supports multiple server redundancy configurations for several types of license servers (e.g.: FlexLM, DSLS, IBM LUM). At the time of writing this article, OpenLM does not yet support multiple server redundancy for ProgeCAD. Keep this box unchecked.
10.Use Broker checkbox:
- Checked (Default): The OpenLM Server actively queries the license manager. Keep this configuration when not employing the OpenLM Broker.
- Unchecked: Usage information is obtained solely via the OpenLM Broker installation on the License manager machine.
11. Click Apply, and the consequent “Restart now” button.
Configuration of the OpenLM Broker
1. Download and install the latest OpenLM Broker version. Follow the installation and configuration instructions on the OpenLM Broker Application Note:
2. Type in the OpenLM Server hostname (e.g. my_openLM_server)
3. Set the OpenLM Broker – OpenLM Server communication port number. Its default is 7016. Make sure the OpenLM server Port is open for inbound communication.
4. Set the License Servers characteristics exactly as in the OpenLM Server Configuration tool (listed above):
- Highlight the License Servers node
- Click ‘Add’ -> “License Server”.
- Type in the License server’s hostname, and click Apply.
5. Add a Port to the the newly named License server:
- Click on the progecad_server node
- Click ‘Add’ → ‘Port’, and click OK.
- Type in the same port number as configured on the OpenLM Server configuration tool (e.g. 51168)
- In the “License Manager Type” drop box, select OpenLM_Generic.
- Click Apply and then OK.
6. Open the Commands section and select data_inquiry. Type in the appropriate Progecad data inquiry command:
“<Full path to NLMServerMonitor.exe>” /xml.
In this example, the command is:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\ProgeCAD\NLM Server 2013 PRONG\NLMServerMonitor\NLMServerMonitor.exe” /xml
7. Click the ‘Execute’ button to check the operation of the Data Inquiry command.
8. Click the Apply button.
9. Repeat stages 6 thru 8 with the ‘Status’ command.
10. Expand the Vendors ‘+’ sign and type ‘ProgeCAD’ (case sensitive) in the Vendor text box. Click ‘Apply’.
That’s it !
Your OpenLM system is configured to present ProgeCAD license usage information. If you require any further assistance on this subject – please contact Support@OpenLM.com, and our team will be glad to assist.