OpenLM Reporting Hub installation instructions
- Navigate to the “Java” folder, found in the “OpenLM Reporting Hub” folder.
- Install “Java JDK 8.exe”
- Activate “Set variables.bat”
- NOTE: Manually set JAVA_HOME and KETTLE_HOME to system variables if operating under different users on the same machine.
- Navigate to “Postgres” folder, found in the “OpenLM Reporting Hub” folder.
- Install “Postgres Editor.msi”.
- Install “Postgres Server.exe”.
- Navigate to C:\…\PostgreSQL\9.5\data
- Edit the file “pg_hba.conf” and add the following line to the file:
- host all all 0.0.0.0/0 md5
- Save the edited file and restart the PostgreSQL service.
- NOTE: Do not install the “stack builder” addon.
- NOTE: Select your postgres database password when prompted.
- Navigate to “Power BI” folder, found in the “OpenLM Reporting Hub” folder.
- Install “Power BI Desktop.msi”.
- Install “Power BI Connector.msi”.
- NOTE: Install “Power BI Data Gateway.exe” in case of Power BI cloud subscription
- NOTE: Install the GAC component when prompted in the “Power BI Connector” installation
- Navigate to “.kettle” folder, found in the “OpenLM Reporting Hub” folder.
- Edit file “kettle.properties”.
- Input SMTP server details (server, port, username, password, sender email and destination email)
- Input source database details and save. (server, port, username, password, database name)
- Input destination Postgres database details and save (server, port, username, password, database name)
- Input the server hostname and MAC address in the designated fields.
- place the “.kettle” folder in “C:\Program Files”
- NOTE: Default Postgres database and username are “postgres”.
- NOTE: Check that there are not empty spaces at the end of the value.
- NOTE: Do not place “.kettle” in “Program Files (x86)”.
- Navigate to “ETL” folder, found in the “OpenLM Reporting Hub” folder.
- Inside “Jobs” folder, go to “License” folder and paste the Reporting Hub license you have received.
- Activate “Run ETL.bat”.
- NOTE: Wait for the ETL run to finish, might take a while.
- Activate “Windows Task Scheduler” and choose the “Task Scheduler Library”.
- Under “Actions”, click on “Create Task”.
- Under the tab “General”, Name the task “OpenLM ETL”.
- Check the checkbox “Run whether user is logged on or not”.
- Check the checkbox “Run with highest privileges”.
- Navigate to the tab “Triggers” and click on “New”.
- Set the schedule to be once a day at 12:00 AM and click ok.
- Navigate to the tab “Actions” and click on “New”.
- Choose the action “Start a program”,
- Select the file “Run ETL.bat”.
- Click OK, and now the scheduled task of the ETL is set.
- Navigate to “Reports” folder, found in the “OpenLM Reporting Hub” folder.
- Activate a report by double clicking it.
- In the Power BI → “Edit Queries” → “Data Source Settings” → “Change source”
- Input the correct postgres host and database name then press “OK”.
- Click on “Edit Permissions” → “Edit”
- Input the correct postgres username and password then press “OK”.
- Refresh data or “Apply Changes”
Currently, the installation and configuration of the OpenLM Reporting Hub and reporting system requires the presence of an OpenLM support person.
Please contact our support team at email@example.com , and our representatives will be glad to assist and guide you online.