OpenLM version 2.0 supports license monitoring of a wide, and ever growing variety of license managers.
This is a description of the basic procedure for configuring the OpenLM server to interface a Codemeter license manager, to monitor license usage, and extract Codemeter license usage statistics.
The OpenLM System components are available for download on the OpenLM site. Start the installation process by installing the latest OpenLM server version.
Please refer to this Application Note for a general description of the OpenLM system.
Enabling the OpenLM server to work with CodeMeter:
In order to configure OpenLM to work with CodeMeter, follow these procedures:
1. Select the LM Tools tab, located on the left pane.
2. Select the CodeMeter tab
3. Copy the Codemeter executable file CMU.exe to the OpenLM LM folder. This is normally located at C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenLM\OpenLM Server\LM .
4. Copy in the full path of the executable file (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenLM\OpenLM Server\LM\CMU.exe) into the CodeMeter executable file text box (see below) and click Apply
5. introduce a new CodeMeter server under the License Servers tab:
5a. Select the License Servers tab, and click Add.
5b. From the Type drop-down menu, select CodeMeter
5c. Insert a descriptive name in the Description text box
5d. Set the Time Zone to match that of the License Server’s location
5e. Submit an appropriate Hostname and Port number. Note there is no predefined Port for the CodeMeter server, so just input any three-digit number as a placeholder (e.g.: 100)
5f. Keep the “Is Triad Configuration” box unchecked
5g. “OpenLM Server remotely queries license manager” check box:
- Checked (Default): The OpenLM Server actively queries the license manager. Check this box when the OpenLM Server is installed on the same machine as the Codemeter server.
- Unchecked: Usage information is obtained solely by the OpenLM Broker installation on the License manager machine. Uncheck this box when the OpenLM Server is NOT installed on the same machine as the Codemeter server. In that case – the OpenLM Broker will need to be installed on the Codemeter license server machine to obtain usage information.
5h. Click Apply, and then consecutively the Restart now button.
OpenLM Broker Configuration
In case the OpenLM Server is not installed on the same machine as the Codemeter server, the OpenLM Broker will need to be installed on the Codemeter server machine, in order to query the Codemeter license usage locally.
Please refer to the OpenLM Broker Comprehensive guide document for general Broker configuration:
1. Set the OpenLM server hostname (e.g.: My_OpenLM_Server).
2. Set the OpenLM Broker port number (e.g.: maintained at its default value 7016).
3. The license server characteristics are set exactly as they were on the OpenLM Server configuration tool: the name is set to “codemeter_server”, and the port to 100
4. Type in the Codemeter command line in the Broker’s “data_inquiry” command text box. This command should be “<Full path to CMU>\CMU.exe” /n.
5. Click ‘Execute’ to check the operation of the Data Inquiry, and click ‘Apply.
6. Repeat the above for the ‘status’ command. The status command is “<Full path to CMU>\CMU.exe” /k. Click ‘Apply’ and “Restart Broker”
The OpenLM Server now interfaces the Codemeter license manager. Check the OpenLM report of the Codemeter license usage.
Open the EasyAdmin web application.
Click EasyAdmin Start → Management → License servers. The License Servers window appears. Verify that the configured Codemeter license manager appear on the list.
A green circle node indicates an active connection to a license server. The OpenLM Server is now set to monitor the Codemeter license manager.