The OpenLM EasyAdmin web interface has been designed to match our customers’ requirements, and has evolved over many iterations of production and feedback. Nevertheless, Clients often want to present the license usage data that has been accumulated in their OpenLM Database in a different and original way. To answer this need, OpenLM provides two interfaces to open APIs.
OpenLM’s interface in versions 1.7 and 1.8 has been over XML protocol. Documentation for these APIs is available on the OpenLM blog site. Port number 7014 is the default port for the XML proxy. It can be changed in the OpenLM Server configuration tool –> Port Settings tab.
In order to test the OpenLM XML APIs, a 3rd party tool such as this one will be required. The OpenLM XML post command is typed in its appropriate text box :
and after execution – the query result is and shown on a separatwe page.
Slight changes have been applied to these APIs. In order to confirm the exact syntax of these APIs it is recommended to browse the OpenLM proxy log. In order to do so;
1. Open the OpenLM Server configuration tool.
2. Select the Advanced tab.
3. Select the ALL logging level
4. Click Apply and Restart now. Wait a few minutes for the log to accumulate the required data.
5. Open the openlm_proxy.log file, normally located at: C:\ProgramData\OpenLM\
In version 2.0 OpenLM has integrated a 2nd API interface, implemented in SOAP. API structure can be obtained by accessing a SOAP WSDL file from your browser:
The following help page is also handy:
1. <hostname> stands for the OpenLM Server machine host name.
2. The port number (7020 in the example above) is the default port for the SOAP proxy. It can be changed in the OpenLM Server configuration tool –> Port Settings tab.
3. It is also possible to obtain the API by entering the same URL line in a WCF client tool such as STORM (see below).
We find the following M.O. to be most intuitive for filling in the exact message data required per each API:
1. Open the OpenLM EasyAdmin web application using Chrome.
2. Click the F12 button, and select the ‘Network’ tab.
3. Click the ‘Record’ button, and produce whatever report you need on the EasyAdmin interface. You will be able to see the exact format of the query you wish to employ through API.
4. Fill in the required data on your WCF testing tool (e.g. Storm) interface
5. Please note that some tools fill in empty values within array type variables, perhaps as ‘placeholders’. These will not comply with the expected message formats, and will need to be taken care of.
1. It is not recommended to access the OpenLM Database tables directly, as OpenLM is not obligated to keep the Database tables’ structure through upcoming version releases.
2. OpenLM is gradually migrating the XML API set to SOAP . Developers are highly encouraged to prefer the SOAP interface over XML where available.
3. In any case, prior to developing a new type of report that is not found in EasyAdmin – please contact the OpenLM support team. Maybe it’s already implemented or currently on the drawing board.
4. Assistance in the use of OpenLM APIs is out of scope for normal support. If you require it, we suggest turning to our professional services to produce a quote for your implementation.