The OpenLM Utilizer is a licensing management software. It provides productivity tools for system administrators, managers and end users. OpenLM’s basic software package includes the core OpenLM Server module and its user interface; the OpenLM EasyAdmin module. In addition to these core components, the OpenLM software package includes modules and capabilities which provide additional functions. In order to interface these components and obtain full functionality of the OpenLM software, it is essential to open certain port numbers.
OpenLM license Server
The OpenLM Server is the core element of the OpenLM Utilizer system. It integrates the functionality of all other OpenLM peripheral system components, such as the OpenLM EasyAdmin, OpenLM Agent, OpenLM Alerts, and OpenLM Broker. It is responsible for collecting information from various system components and storing it in an embedded relational DB. External databases like MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server version starting with 2012 are also supported.
The main interface for setting the port numbers on the OpenLM server’s side is the OpenLM Server configuration tool, on the Port Settings tab:
License manager: Default port 7016
1. The OpenLM Server interfaces the License manager over a dedicated port. this port’s default number is 7016.
2. The OpenLM Broker is an optional software component that runs on the license server machine. It interfaces the OpenLM Server via that dedicated port. For additional information on the OpenLM Broker component, please refer to these Application notes:
CONFIGURING THE LICENSE MANAGER PORT:
1. In the OpenLM Server configuration window, select the Port Settings tab. In the License managers reporting port text-box, type in the OpenLM server port number (e.g.: 7016).
2. Configure the OpenLM Broker Port:
There are two methods for configuring the OpenLM Broker port: via the OpenLM Broker configuration tool, and via the broker.xml configuration file
2a. OpenLM Broker configuration
Open the OpenLM Broker configuration
Choose an OpenLM Server from the OpenLM servers list and click Edit
Edit the Port textbox. Repeat this for all OpenLM Servers
2b. broker.xml configuration file
Open the broker.xml file, located on: “C:\Program Files\OpenLM\OpenLM Broker”
Search for the line <Port>7016</port>.
Edit the port number.
OpenLM Agent: Default port 7012
The OpenLM Agent facilitates available license querying, among other functions. It connects to the OpenLM Server through a dedicated port. The OpenLM Agent default port number is: 7012. The OpenLM Agent port number should be configured the same on the OpenLM Agent configuration tool, and on the OpenLM Server configuration tool.
OpenLM Agent Configuration Tool
1. Right-click on the OpenLM Agent icon on the Windows taskbar (lower right corner of screen),
2. Click the OpenLM Agent configuration tool. The Agent Configuration window pops.
3. Type in the port number in the Port textbox (e.g.:7012).
4. In the OpenLM Server configuration tool, select the Port Settings tab.
Type in the Agent port in the Agent reporting port text-box (e.g.: 7012).
HTTP Server Port: Default port 7014
This port enables EasyAdmin web application to send requests to the OpenLM Server.
This port number should be configured the same on the OpenLM Server configuration tool, and on the config.js file.
OpenLM Server Configuration:
From the OpenLM Server configuration tool, select the Port Settings tab. Type in the HTTP Server port in the User Interface HTTP Server Port textbox (e.g.: 7014).
1. Open the config.js file, typically located on:”C\Program Files\OpenLM\OpenLM Server\WeebApps\EasyAdmin2”
2. Search for the number 7014.
3. Edit the port number(Should be 7014).
API Service port
1. <hostname> stands for the OpenLM Server machine host name.
2. The port number (7020 in the example above) is the default port for the SOAP proxy. You can change it in the OpenLM Server configuration tool –> Port Settings tab.
3. It is not recommended to access the OpenLM Database tables directly, as OpenLM is not obligated to keep the Database tables’ structure through upcoming version releases.
OpenLM HTTP port Default port 7019
OpenLM installs the LightTPD web server with the installation of OpenLM Server. LightTPD is configured as a Windows Service and starts up with the machine. The use of web servers such as Apache or IIS or others is also supported.
Configuring the OpenLM LIGHTTPD PORT:
1. Open the “lighttpd-inc.conf” file, located on: “C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenLM\OpenLMServer\WebServer\conf\lighttpd.conf
2. Search for the line “bind to port (default: 80) server.port = <port number>”.
3. Edit the port number (e.g: 7019).
4. Restart the LightTpd service.
5. Change the EasyAdmin URL line to reflect the changed port.
Serve OpenLM EasyAdmin using Microsoft IIS 7
For information on IIS 7 and SSL configuration please refer to this document.