OpenLM version 3.0 supports license monitoring of a wide, and ever growing variety of license managers. This application note elaborates the steps required to configure OpenLM to interface the ProgeCAD License Manager (NLM), and obtain reliable license reports and usage statistics. This capability is available for ProgeCAD NLM versions 13.0.18 onward. In a nutshell, the ProgeCAD license server is configured to provide a periodic XML file, which OpenLM parses and presents the usage results in its EasyAdmin web application.
- Open the OpenLM Server configuration tool.
- Click the ‘Add’ button.
- Set the LM Type to OpenLM Generic
- Set the License server’s Time zone (e.g.: UTC+2)
- Type in the Hostname (e.g. progecad_lm) or IP of the ProgeCad License server. Note that the exact same name will need to be used in the OpenLM Broker configuration as well (see below).
- The port number is provided by ProgeCAD. Here it is 51168. Note that the same number will need to be used in the OpenLM Broker configuration as well (see below).
- Click the ‘Apply’ and “Restart now” button.
1. Type in the OpenLM Server hostname (e.g. win8mike).
2. Set the OpenLM Broker – OpenLM Server communication port number. Its default is 7016.
3. The License Servers characteristics are set exactly as they were using the information used on the OpenLM Server Configuration tool (listed above):
- Highlight the License Servers node
- Click ‘Add’ -> “License Server”.
- Type in the License server’s hostname, and click Apply.
4. Add a Port to the the newly named License server:
- Click on the progecad_lm server node
- Click ‘Add’ → ‘Port’, and click OK.
- Type in the same port number as configured on the OpenLM Server configuration tool (e.g. 51168)
- In the “License Manager Type” drop box, select OpenLM_Generic.
- Click Apply and then OK.
5. Open the Commands section and select data_inquiry. Type in the appropriate Progecad data inquiry command:
“<Full path to NLMServerMonitor.exe>” /xml.
In this example, the command is:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\ProgeCAD\NLM Server 2013 PRONG\NLMServerMonitor\NLMServerMonitor.exe” /xml
6. Click the ‘Execute’ button to check the operation of the Data Inquiry command.
7. Click the Apply button.
8. Repeat stages 5 thru 7 with the ‘Status’ command.
9. Expand the Vendors ‘+’ sign and type ‘ProgeCAD’ (case sensitive) in the Vendor text box. Click ‘Apply’.
That’s it – your OpenLM system is configured to present ProgeCAD license usage information. If you require any further assistance on this subject – please contact Support [at] OpenLM.com , and our team will be glad to assist.