This is a short guide on how to configure the integration between OKTA SSO and OpenLM.
- An existing OKTA account
- OpenLM Server&Identity Service v21 and higher configured with SSL, or an OpenLM Cloud account
Adding OpenLM Application in the Okta Admin Interface
- On the left side menu click on Applications:
- Click on Create App Integration:
- In the newly opened pop-up window select the Sign-in method – OIDC – OpenID Connect and Application Type – Web Application. Click Next.
- Name the application and check the following boxes:
- A. Client Credentials
- B. Authorization Code
- C. Implicit (Hybrid)
- Leave the URIs unchanged, the correct URIs will be provided by OpenLM after the integration is imported on the side of OpenLM at a later stage. Scroll down and click Save. (Step 9).
After clicking Save, this prompt will appear:
Note the Client ID and Client and Client Secret. Leave this window open for a while, we will return collect the Client ID and Client Secret.
OpenLM on-premise configuration #
- Go to the OpenLM Identity Service →External Providers tab.
- Click Add Provider. From the Provider type drop-down list select Okta.
- Fill in the following fields with the information from your Okta Account:
- Provide a name at your convenience, for example, Okta.
A. Client IDClient Secret
B. Account ID – None
C. Authority – your Okta ID as depicted below:
- Click Save.
- After the import is completed on the OpenLM Identity Service side, the correct URIs tied to your account will be generated.
- Go back to your OKTA account. Click Edit on General setting Section:
- Scroll down to the Login Section. Input data from OpenLM Identity Service: signin and signout redirect URLs. Click Save.
- Go to the Identity Service webpage. Log out. Now you will be able to login with OKTA:
OpenLM Cloud Configuration #
If you are an OpenLM Cloud User, follow these steps to configure OKTA as an external Identity provider:
- Navigate to your Cloud Portal instance→Identity&Access Management (IAM)→External Providers→Add Provider.
- Input the following details from your Okta account:
A. Client ID
B. Client Secret
C. Authority (example: dev-12345678.okta.com).
- Provide a public button name (example: Okta).
- Switch to the Products and Roles tab. For the following products:
A. Virtual License Manager
B. Software License Management Cloud
C. Dongle Monitoring
- Choose either Admin or Manager role.
- Click SAVE. After the import is completed on the OpenLM Identity&Access Management side, the correct URIs tied to your account will be generated.
- Go back to your OKTA account. Click Edit on the General setting Section.
- Scroll down to the Login Section. Input data from OpenLM Cloud Portal: signin and signout redirect URLs. Click Save.
- Go back to your Cloud Portal and Sign out. Sign – in again using this pattern:
Note: The OpenLM Account Id is taken by clinking on the drop-down arrow in the upper right corner, next to your user name: