End-User Services & Agent installation and configuration
The OpenLM Personal Dashboard is an additional OpenLM interface that comes to educate the engineering applications users and raise their awareness of the way the licenses in the organization are consumed.
The user will be able to see different information on his or her license usage, get tips to improve consumption habits, and have a benchmark against the average license consumption in his or her default group/of the organization.
The following is a comprehensive guide on how to install and configure the Personal Dashboard and the Agent.
Please follow the installation order:
1. End-User Services
2. OpenLM Agent
Note: Before proceeding with the installation, the older versions of the Agent must be uninstalled firsthand.
- Obtain the installer. Double-click the installer to launch the installation. A welcome screen for the OpenLM End-User Services Installation Wizard will appear:
- Agree to the terms and conditions, then click Next:
3. Select a folder you wish to install the OpenLM End-User Services to. Click Next to continue with the default path:
4. Provide the OpenLM Server address and port number, then click Next:
5. 1 If you do not use the Identity Service, select “I am not using Security”, then click Next. Continue with the instruction from point 6
5.2 The next screen will require you to authorize:
5.3 Open up the Easyadmin then click on the Start menu, then Administration:
5.4 In the Administration Panel, select System&Security:
5.5 Click on the Authorization tab –>ADD CLIENT. Then, from the drop-down list select End-User Services. Click Save:
5.6 In the next step, the authorization file will be generated. Download the JSON file or copy the Client ID and the Secret Key:
Once the secrets are provided, hit the Next button:
6. All the configuration steps have been passed, now click the Install button:
In case you missed any configuration, select the Back button.
The installation is completed. Hit the Finish button:
OpenLM End-User Services was installed as a Windows Service:
- The first step in the install process is to obtain the latest OpenLM Agent installer. Once the download is completed, double click on the installer to run it:
2. Read the license agreement, select “I Agree” then click Next to continue:
3. On the Extensions screen, select the software packages for which you want extended monitoring and control support then click Next. The installer detects the presence of these software packages automatically on your system, otherwise, the options will be grayed out:
4. If you want to change the default install location, click “Browse” and choose a new path. Click Next to continue.
5. Configure the Services addresses and ports. If the detected by default do not match your needs, make the changes accordingly, then click Next:
6. The next step is to define the authorization method. In case you do not use the Identity Service, select I am not using Security and proceed to point 8.
7. The Identity Service users will open up their EasyAdmin -> System&Security->Authorization->ADD.
From the drop-down list, select Agent in order to generate the Authorization file and import the data (point 6).
8. The configuration is ready, hit the install button:
9. Once the installation is completed, hit the Finish button:
10. When the Agent’s installation is completed, the Personal Dashboard will open up automatically: (otherwise, find the icon in the Start Menu)
There is access to the license repository, with the information about the currently consumed licenses, the person who is using, what features, idle time, and contact details.
Also Recently closed processes, Project management, Product licensing level (ArcGIS):
1. Open a command prompt with administrative privileges. The command prompt can be run in several ways:
A. Type ‘cmd’ in the taskbar search field and press RETURN on the keyboard. Right-click “Command Prompt” in the results list and choose “Run as administrator” from the popup menu.
B. Launch the EXE directly by right-clicking and choosing “Run as administrator” from the popup window.
C. Navigate through the Start menu. Right-click on Start then choose Windows PowerShell (Admin). This will open the Windows PowerShell in administration mode.
2. At the command prompt, enter the desired parameters for the installation. This will be in the format as follows:
Install with import authorization:
msiexec /i "a path to msi package" AUTHORIZATION_TYPE="1" AUTHORIZATION_FILE_PATH="a path to security settings json file" /q /lv "a path to msi log file" (/lv - optional)
Install with manual adding of client id and client secret:
msiexec /i "a path to msi package" AUTHORIZATION_TYPE="2" CLIENT_ID="client id" SECRET_KEY="secret key" /q /l*v "a path to msi log file" (/lv - optional)
Install without security:
msiexec /i "a path to msi package" AUTHORIZATION_TYPE="3" /q /l*v "Install_Agent.log.txt" APPMANAGER_ADDRESS APPMANAGER_PORT ENDUSERS_SERVICES_ADDRESS ENDUSERS_SERVICES_PORT SERVER_ADDRESS SERVER_PORT INSTALLFOLDER INSTALL_ARCGIS="1" (in order to install arcgis extension) INSTALL_ARCGISPRO="1" INSTALL_AUTOCAD="1" INSTALL_MATLAB="1" INSTALL_SOLIDWORKS="1"