Install and Configure – OpenLM Software Router – HT829
Product discontinue notice:
The support for OpenLM Software Router will be discontinued on December 31st, 2021.
Install and Configure – Software Router
- Make sure you have a single OpenLM Server installation on a central network server.
- Download the latest version of “OpenLM Software Router”.
- Place the installer on the same server as OpenLM Server.
- Double-click to run the installer.
- Click “Next-Next” and approve the Terms and Conditions.
- Specify the OpenLM Server IP and port number if different from the defaults. Click Next.
- When finished, click Close.
- Open the OpenLM User Interface –> Start –> Administration –> Router Management.
- Under the Router Groups tab, click Add then name the new routing group.
- Under the Routers tab, click Add then name the new router.
- Hostname – Input the OpenLM Router hostname.
- IP – Input the OpenLM Router IP.
- Enabled – Tick the box to enable.
- Under the Route Instructions tab, Click Add.
- Listener Port – Software Router port.
- User/Group – Allow or block by user/group.
- Listener Port Protocol – TCP.
- Client IP Range – Allow or block by IP range,
- Target Hosts – Target license server(s)
- Application Name – Allow or block by application name
- Enabled – Tick the box to enable rule.
- Allow/Block – Define if this rule will block or allow connection (By IP, User, Group etc.).
- Period Limit – Allow or block by time of day.
- Click Save.
- Client workstations will need to change their applications registry to get licenses from the Software Router, instead of the license manager.
- Continue with configuring other OpenLM Extensions.
- See the Reports of OpenLM.
- Also see full documentation.