Interfacing the Codemeter license manager – KB3001l
OpenLM supports license monitoring of a wide and ever-growing variety of license managers. This document describes the basic procedure for configuring OpenLM server to interface with a CodeMeter license manager in order to monitor license usage and to extract CodeMeter license usage statistics.
The OpenLM system components are available for download on the OpenLM site. For the bare minimum, the latest OpenLM Server should be installed. OpenLM Broker is an optional but highly recommended component that can be installed for additional monitoring features and remote control over the CodeMeter server.
2. Enabling the OpenLM Server to work with CodeMeter:
In order to configure OpenLM to work with CodeMeter:
1. Select the LM Tools tab, located on the left.
2. Select the CodeMeter tab
3. Copy the CodeMeter executable file CMU32.exe to the OpenLM “LM” folder (typically located at C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenLM\OpenLM Server\LM\).
4. Copy in the full path of the executable file (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenLM\OpenLM Server\LM\CMU32.exe) into the CodeMeter text box (see below) and click Apply.
5. Introduce a new CodeMeter server under the License Servers tab:
5a. Select the License Servers tab, and click Add.
5b. From the “Type” drop-down menu, select CodeMeter
5c. Insert a descriptive name in the Description text box
5d. Select the Time Zone that matches CodeMeter’s license server location
5e. Submit an appropriate Hostname and Port number. (Default: 22350)
5f. Keep the “Is Triad Configuration” box unchecked
5g. Use Broker check box:
- Unchecked (Default): The OpenLM Server actively queries the license manager. Keep this configuration when not employing the OpenLM Broker.
- Checked: Usage information is obtained solely by the OpenLM Broker installation on the License manager machine.
5h. Click Apply.
3. OpenLM Broker Configuration
In case the OpenLM Server is not installed on the same machine as the CodeMeter server, OpenLM Broker will have to be installed on the CodeMeter server machine in order to query the CodeMeter license usage locally.
To configure OpenLM Broker to interface with the CodeMeter license server:
1. Open the OpenLM Broker Configuration Tool by clicking Windows Start → OpenLM → OpenLM Broker
2. Select the OpenLM Server node (e.g.: L312MD).
3. Click Add Node.
4. Enter the CodeMeter Port Number (default: 22350) and select “CodeMeter” from the License Manager Type drop-down menu.
4. Select the “Commands” node.
5. Click the […] button to the right of the Path field and browse to the location where the CMU32.exe file is located (typically located in C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin)
6. Click Update, OK on the pop-up window, then Apply.
7. Click on the “Status” node and then Execute to check that OpenLM Broker can query the CodeMeter license server.
4. Verify the configuration
OpenLM Server should now be interfacing with the CodeMeter license manager. To verify that everything is being tracked properly:
1. Open the EasyAdmin web application (access http://<OpenLM Server hostname>:7019/EasyAdmin2/ in your browser)
2. Click EasyAdmin Start → Widgets → License Servers.
Verify that the configured CodeMeter license manager appears in the License Servers list. If everything has been properly configured and the CodeMeter license server is up, you should see a green circle right to the license server entry.