Issue: ‘Spoon’ fails to open after activating “Spoon.bat”
Reason: Java environment variable is not configured.
Solution: Set the JAVA_HOME variable
- Add the following Variable:
Issue: ‘Spoon’ fails to open after activating “Spoon.bat” on Win32 OS.
Reason: Parameter size is too large for 32 bit operating systems.
Solution: Set the parameter size to 256 Mb
- Open and edit “C:…data-integrationSpoon.bat” and change “-Xmx2048m” to “-Xmx1024m”
…..exe” “-Xms1024m” “-Xmx2048m” “-XX:MaxPermSize=256m” “-…..
Issue: An error appears on the screen after activating “Spoon.bat”.
Reason: Java did not allocate ‘options’ memory for Spoon.
Solution: Edit the ‘Spoon.bat’ file and add the following variable:
Issue: ETL run can not connect to the Postgres database – connection error: “Error connecting to database: (using class org.postgresql.Driver)
Reason: Postgres port is blocked to all transmissions.
Solution: Set TCPIP Postgres connection permissions.
- Navigate to “C:Program FilesPostgreSQL9.1data” and add the line
“host all all 0.0.0.0/0 md5” inside file “pg-hba.conf”.
Issue: ETL run can not connect to the SQL Server OpenLM database – connection error: “Error connecting to database”
Reason: SQL Server port is blocked to all transmissions.
Solution: Set TCPIP SQL Server connection permissions.
- Open up the “SQL Server Configuration Manager”
- Click on “SQL Server Network Configuration”.
- Choose the desired instance.
- Make sure that “Shared Memory” and “Named Pipes” are enabled.
- Double click “TCP/IP” and a window will open.
- Under the tab “IP Address”, set the ports to be enabled, and fill in the port numbers.
Issue: BI server running slowly
Reason: Not enough memory allocated to the BI interface.
Solution: Allocate more RAM to the BI interface.
- Navigate to “C:…OpenLM BI BundleOpenLM BI”Serverbiserver-cetomcatbin”
- Activate the file called “tomcat8w.exe”.
- increase “initial memory pool” memory allocation to 2048 and “Maximum memory pool” to 4096 or higher if needed.
Issue: Accessing the BI interface results in a web browser 404 error.
Reason: Wrong encoding for the BI service.
Solution: Modify the encoding pattern to be utf8.
- Add these lines to the Tomcat8w list: