Setting up Cloud Directory Sync (Old Name→Directory Synchronization on Cloud)
This is a short guide on setting up Cloud Directory Sync.
- Account in Software License Management Online. (abbr – SLMO)
- Please contact Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) to create a DSS database for your account.
In order for DSA to interact and be connected with DSS, we need to generate an authorization file from the EasyAdmin interface:
- Log into your Software License Management Online account.
- Go to System&Security →Security → Authorization.
- Click Add and select DSA from the dropdown list to download the Authorization JSON File. Type in a suitable description. Click SAVE. The Secret Key will be displayed (only once). Please make sure to save it before closing the window.
- Get the latest version of DSA from the OpenLM Downloads page. Double-click to run the installer.
- Check the “I agree to the license terms and conditions” box and click Next.
- Enter a descriptive name (no spaces allowed) to recognize the Agent instance and the port details (default 8081), then select your Server version: Cloud. Click Next.
- Import the authorization file with the following options:
A.Browse to import the Authorization JSON File.
B. Enter the authorization details manually.
C. Add authorization details later (this option will prevent the DSA from functioning until adding the authorization file). Click Next after the authorization details are provided.
5. Select the installation folder (the default C:\Program Files\OpenLM\OpenLM Directory Synchronization Agent\ path is recommended). Click Browse to select another folder or/ then click Next.
6. Click Finish to close the installation wizard.
In order for DSA to interact and be connected with DSS, we need to approve the DSA in the Agent Manger tab:
- Open up your OpenLM Cloud account. Go to Start→Administration→Directory Synchronization (it will open up in a new tab).
- All newly installed DSAs configured to report to the DSS have to be approved before they are operational.
- Click the Agent Manager tab.
- Double click on the agent row that has its status as “Pending approval” (or click the Edit Agent icon).
- On the Approve Agent screen, open the Status drop-down menu and select Enabled, then click Approve.
Read more comprehensive insights in this guide.