The OpenLM Broker component is an optional though highly recommended component of the OpenLM system that provides you with advanced license statistics and license manager control functionality.
Additionally, OpenLM Broker is mandatory if you want to monitor license managers which cannot be monitored remotely by the core OpenLM Server component only. Check out this link for the full list and capabilities:
What are the benefits? #
Accesses license servers log for:
- License denials information
- Accurate 1-sec resolution reporting
- Offline licenses information
Reads the license file for information about:
- License packaging
- License versions
- Expiration date
- License pools
- Local admin permissions: No restriction to local security considerations
- No restriction to network security (firewall) considerations
- Dynamic FlexLM Options file management
- Remote administrative actions of the license server (e.g. start/stop/reread license servers)
- Removal of currently consumed licenses
- Support complex configurations, e.g. license servers that work over WAN networks.
- No message round-trip delay
- Buffering of messages bound to the OpenLM Server
- Flexibility in configuration
- Import files from the license server machine to the OpenLM Server machine, making them available for EasyAdmin users
- Edit and upload license files to the license server remotely through EasyAdmin
How do you use it? #
Download and install it on the machine where the license manager(s) resides.
Once configured, it automatically queries the license server and reports the data periodically to OpenLM Server.