Updating ChromeDriver for Reports Scheduler – HT908
This KB only applies to Reports Scheduler versions prior to 1.9.8. Latest versions include a built-in ChromeDriver auto-updater making these instructions optional.
Since OpenLM Reports Scheduler v1.7.14, the packaged PhantomJS module has been replaced with ChromeDriver. This means that the Chrome browser must be installed on the same machine as Reports Scheduler for it to work.
However, if the installed Chrome browser gets updated to a version newer than the ChromeDriver included with the Reports Scheduler installer, the ChromeDriver must be manually updated to continue working. In addition to this, the automatic Chrome updates can happen at the most inopportune times, potentially breaking functionality. Because of this, we recommend disabling automatic updates before the driver is updated as well.
1. Open the Services window (press Win + R, type in services.msc then click OK)
2. Locate the Google Update Service (gupdate) service:
3. Double-click on the entry and click on Stop (if the service is running).
4. In the “Startup type” drop-down menu, select Disabled.
5. Click OK.
6. Repeat steps 3 – 5 for the Google Update Service (gupdatem) as well.
7. Close the Services window.
- Go to https://chromedriver.chromium.org/downloads
- Download the version number release that matches your Chrome browser (to check, click on the Chrome three dots menu → Help → About Google Chrome)
- Replace chromedriver.exe in the Reports Scheduler installation folder with the newer version. Alternatively, the report_scheduler.properties file can be edited to point to a path where the newer ChromeDriver resides by editing the “webdriver.impl.path” attribute.
- Restart the OpenLM Reports Scheduler service.