Upgrade guide : Embedded Database – KB4101a
This document describes the upgrade process of OpenLM Server installations that use the embedded Firebird database, to the latest 5.x version. If using an external database (i.e. MS-SQL or MySQL) please refer to this application note instead.
1. Before upgrading please make sure your system is compliant and has the correct .NET Core runtimes installed as listed on the OpenLM System requirements page.
2. If the OpenLM server (of any version) has been already installed on the machine for a period longer than the Evaluation period, a new license file will be required. Please make sure you have one before proceeding with the upgrade process. In order to obtain a valid OpenLM license file, please contact OpenLM support with your MAC address and hostname (case sensitive) of the designated installation machine.
Download the latest OpenLM v5 system components
The OpenLM system components are available for download on the OpenLM site.
Complete OpenLM Server upgrade procedure (with preliminary check)
1. Backup the database – VERY Important
Backing-up the database is mandatory since the database upgrade process is sensitive to hardware and software changes. Upgrading the OpenLM Server without backing up the database file may compromise the accumulated data. Stop the “OpenLM Server” Windows’ Service, and backup the database file (typically located at “C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenLM\OpenLM Server\db”)
2. Test the database upgrade process (optional stage)
On a test workstation (i.e. a machine that is not the production OpenLM Server machine) perform the following:
On your chosen workstation, install the exact same OpenLM Server version that is in production.
Stop the “OpenLM Server” Windows’ service on both the test workstation and the production server.
Overwrite the new test database with a copy of the production database, typically located at “C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenLM\OpenLM Server\db\OPENLM_DB.FDB”
Start the “OpenLM Server” windows service on both the test workstation and the production server.
- Close the Services window, as well as all OpenLM related windows.
Run the new OpenLM version installation file (e.g. OpenLM_Server_126.96.36.199.exe) to upgrade the OpenLM Server.
Test the new installation (check to see if EasyAdmin is opening, if LM statuses are reported, etc.)
Now you can proceed to upgrade your production system.
3. Upgrade the production system.
- Close the Services window, as well as any OpenLM-related windows (e.g. configuration tool).
- Run the new OpenLM version installation file (e.g. OpenLM_Server_188.8.131.52.exe) to upgrade the OpenLM Server.
In order to evaluate newer OpenLM versions prior to upgrading, please refer to the “Side-by-side” section below.
OpenLM Broker upgrade
The OpenLM Broker is an optional component that highly enhances the capabilities of the OpenLM system. Download the latest OpenLM Broker version from the downloads section and install it on each license server machine. On Windows’ machines, the OpenLM Broker will automatically detect the license managers that exist on that machine and will just need to be configured to interface with the OpenLM Server.
1. Broker interoperability
- It is recommended to get the latest available version of OpenLM Broker.
- Broker versions older than v4.9 are compatible with OpenLM Server v5, however you might have to update the port number in the configuration for the OpenLM Server (the new Server communications port is 5015)
2. Broker installation
In order to install the Broker, simply run the OpenLM Broker installation file (e.g.: OpenLM_Broker_184.108.40.206.msi) on the designated license server machine and follow the wizard’s instructions. It is also possible to deploy OpenLM Broker installations silently.
The OpenLM Broker will also install Java JRE on the designated machine.
3. Side-by-side installation for evaluation purposes
It is possible to install a new OpenLM Broker version side-by-side with an older version. This can be done in order to evaluate the performance of the new version prior to upgrading. In order to do so:
- The new OpenLM Server version must be installed on a machine separate from the production OpenLM Server.
- The new OpenLM Broker version can be installed on the same license server machine, side by side with the older, production-version of OpenLM Broker.
Please refer to this document for an elaborate explanation on the Broker “side by side” installation process.
OpenLM Agent upgrade
- OpenLM Agent versions prior to v5 are not compatible with OpenLM Server v5. In such cases upgrading is compulsory.
- Please refer to this document for more information on silent Agent installation.
Known issues & solutions
1. After upgrading the OpenLM server to version 5.x, the EasyAdmin web application may in some cases throw errors. In that case, it is recommended to clear the web browser’s cache.
2. The OpenLM Software is delivered with Lighttpd: a built-in web server that runs at start-up as a service. Users can continue and use the built-in web server or use a standard web server such as Microsoft IIS
3. LDAP Directory Synchronization has been split from OpenLM Server v5 into the Directory Synchronization Service (DSS) & Directory Synchronization Agent (DSA) components. Your sync definitions and data is preserved however syncs will not run until you install these components. A migration wizard is built-in the DSS component.
If you encounter any other issue during the upgrade process, or require technical assistance please refer to our support team: