What is OpenLM ?
OpenLM is a comprehensive license-management solution, designed to monitor and optimize the usage of concurrent (‘floating’) license software. OpenLM is capable of monitoring a wide variety of license managers, e.g.: FlexNet (FlexLM), Sentinel RMS, and DSLS.
Who was OpenLM Designed For?
Unlike other license management systems that only offer administration and license monitoring statistics, OpenLM also optimizes license usage in a unique manner that provides all personnel with useful license-related functions.
- Know what you have: License inventory.
- Plan license maintenance and procurement of expensive licenses.
- Charge projects or business units for software usage time.
- Cut costs by dropping maintenance for licenses that are no longer in use.
- Real time usage management and troubleshooting.
- Extract license usage statistics information and patterns.
- Roles and Permissions: Grant licenses according to specific users’ permissions.
END USER VIEW:
- End users are not kept in the dark. They are informed about the status of denied licenses, and receive a License availability notification when a license becomes vacant.
- Who is using the license I need, and what are this person’s contact details?
- OpenLM interfaces a wide variety of license managers. Here is a list of them.
- Concurrent monitoring of multiple license servers on multiple time zones.
- Management various license models, e.g. Floating, Node-locked and Borrowed licenses.
- Detection of idle sessions, and retrieval of idle licenses.
- Easily review license inventory in real time.
- Extract license activity reports (e.g. Flexnet report), with configurable resolution.
- Obtain intelligent reports featuring usage statistics and patterns.
- Operational over WAN and LAN networks.
- Interface license managers that run on UNIX, Linux, or Windows’ Operating systems.
- Web-based user interface, applicable on any major browser.
- Mobile interface application enhances monitoring abilities for system administrators.
- OpenLM supports both external and embedded databases.
What does “Open” in “OpenLM” stand for?
OpenLM provides a set of open and documented APIs that enable customers and business partners to develop applications that integrate OpenLM software capabilities.
Watch the OpenLM EasyAdmin screenshots on the OpenLM site.
Want to evaluate the software ?
You can get the most updated version of OpenLM from our OpenLM downloads area. After filling in your name and email – you’d be directed to the downloads’ section. The Installation process is easy and straightforward, but if you still need any assistance – please send an email to support at openlm.com, and we’ll be glad to help.