Improving license availability
Our software provides all the essential engineering software license tracking capabilities and reports you need. You can optimize your software inventory,
helping you to stretch those expensive software licenses to their limit.
Live streaming license usage data
Statistical reporting on historical data
Consolidated licensing system
Option of using OpenLM Extensions
Aggregations for chargeback billing
License utilization predictions
License Manager Support
- Handles all license models including network (floating), node-locked, GPU (Nvidia), cloud and token (including Autodesk token-flex) and hybrid variations.
- Works with a wide range of license managers including Flexera, DSLS, Reprise and Sentinel RMS.
- This includes all the major hardware licenses from Sentinel, Flexera and Wibu
- Now supporting widely-used cloud licenses Office 365, Adobe Cloud, Autodesk Cloud and ESRI Online
- 1 Second accurate usage data for most license managers
- Supports WAN and LAN networks over multiple timezones
- Maintain an accurate and objective history of license and token usage based on our reports, which are written from your viewpoint, rather than the vendor’s opinion
- Prove your point when the vendor’s license management software is out of sync with your actual usage
- Face the new challenges of license compliance in the cloud environment
- OpenLM is GDPR-compliant, and conforms to the BDSG
Optimization and Productivity
- Automated license harvesting, executed in accordance with your unique software policies and business rules. See License harvesting for engineering applications.
- License availability notification for end users
- Collects actual usage data for end users (optional)
License Entitlement and Allocation
- Automatic and dynamic allocation/revocation of access based on directory groups
- Directory (LDAP) synchronization of user & groups with ActiveX
- Role-based access permission to OpenLM interfaces
- Proactive enforcement of usage policies, such as BYOD and BYOS
Monitoring & Reporting
- Manage and monitor all your licenses directly through our easy-to-use graphic interface.
- Concurrent monitoring of multiple license servers on multiple time zones.
- Monitor hybrid situations, such as both online and offline licenses, software or hardware-based and cloud mixed with on-premise
- A single common report format for all your licensed software, covering activity, usage and accurate “True Denials”, with options such as heat maps and pie charts.
- Ability to schedule reports and send them by email (via Reports Scheduler)
- Chargeback cost centers – group and project billing.
- Timely reporting up to per-second and next day for token and other arrears-based models.
Costs and Billing
- Buy only the licenses you need, based on accurate reporting on peak usage
- Identify and eliminate shelfware
- Avoid costs incurred for features you don’t use
- Accurate billing based on usage, enabling chargebacks to projects and departments
- Get a precise view of the licenses you require for your next renewal
- Identify the costs and benefits of keeping licenses on-premise or migrating to cloud
- There are no additional costs to incur when installing and configuring OpenLM, no consultants or coding required
Architecture and Infrastructure
- Our easy setup and configuration can be done without any additional support, but it is there if you need it
- OpenLM is compatible with license managers running on Unix, Linux, MacOS, and Windows Operating systems
- Browser user interface compatible with all leading browsers
- Supports all major privacy regulation (German Privacy Act and GDPR)
- OpenLM comes with its own built-in database, but also supports external databases of your choice
- We have a built-in sophisticated alerting system that allows you to detect and handle issues before your engineers even notice them
- OpenLM supports automated License server recovery
- The OpenLM API allows you to build your own GUI or integrate OpenLM information into any other application
- Use OpenLM data in your own systems for querying and reporting
Check out how OpenLM can help you solve your license management daily challenges.
Know what you have: License inventory
Charge projects or business units for software usage time
Cut costs by dropping maintenance for licenses that are no longer in use
Plan license maintenance and procurement of expensive licenses
You will have accurate software usage information to report to management and make informed decisions
Real time usage management and troubleshooting
Extract license usage statistics information and patterns
Harvest idle licenses either automatically or manually, optimizing license utilization
Roles and Permissions: Restrict license usage according to user permissions you define
You will have accurate software usage information that you can use to get better deals with software vendors
Have better license availability
Get informed about the status of denied licenses, and receive a notification when a license becomes available
Will know who is using the license they need, and are presented with that person’s contact details
License unavailability periods are minimized and license utilization is improved
GIS managers and CAD/CAM managers
You will ensure that your team gets the software resources it needs to get the job done without delays
You will be able to identify unjustified expenses on software that is not used
Distribute costs and better allocate your budgets
Download and explore the full unlimited version of OpenLM for 30 days. During this time you will enjoy full support with no strings attached.
Available only for Enterprise and Site License Packages
OpenLM extensions are optional extra software modules that add enhanced functionality to OpenLM Products.
OpenLM is an approved supplier of the United States Government
General Services Administration (GSA)
Hundreds of companies around the world have already reduced costs thanks to OpenLM solutions
“Saved ~ $150 000 on SOLIDWORKS MCAD
Well over 2800% ROI”
Principal Mechanical Engineer
“OpenLM has helped save us a great deal…I would say easily over the last few years,
Engineering Systems Design Administrator
GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
“OpenLM has proven to save us time and money and within 6 months it paid for itself”
Assistant Director for IT Service Delivery
WISS, JANNEY, ELSTNER ASSOCIATES, INC.
“The licensing problem could only be solved through user education. OpenLM gave us that and more.“
Senior Enterprise Technology Strategist
“Our investment in OpenLM has been one of the best investments as far as License Management is concerned.”
Senior Software Engineer
“OpenLM has helped us manage costs during a difficult transition period in the industry.”
“OpenLM has been an essential tool to manage and control the use of our licenses.”
Daniel R. Cadden
MKS INSTRUMENTS INC.
“I can generate usage reports quickly and get answers to management within minutes.”
Peggy M Garrett
Global CAD Manager
“IT had no visibility as to what was going on, i.e. they didn’t (couldn’t) know how many licenses were currently in use and by whom.”
“After successfully using OpenLM for almost 4 years, an integration of the Nvidia licenses into OpenLM looked perfect.”