OpenLM for ArcGIS – Benefits
OpenLM is a comprehensive license management and monitoring software tool. It interfaces a wide variety of license managers such as FlexLM (The complete list), and is capable of controlling licensed applications and reporting license usage statistics.
OpenLM was initially designed by ArcGIS veterans for the benefit of ArcGIS professionals. Although nowadays OpenLM interfaces many other types of license servers and applications, it still maintains its original ArcGIS targeted benefits. Indeed, at the core of our senior trusted circle of customers there are still many ESRI ArcGIS users.
Who should use OpenLM for ArcGIS ?
OpenLM for ArcGIS is intended for System Administrators, System Analysts, Managers and GIS professionals who use the Flexera FLEXnet publisher license manager. OpenLM optimizes license visibility and manageability in their organization, and may produce substantial savings in license procurement and maintenance.
- Actual usage: OpenLM monitors application usage, and determines whether it is active or sitting idle, consuming expensive licenses.
- License harvesting: Applications that have been identified as idle may be configured to save and close the session, thus returning the idle license to the license pool and boosting license availability
- Notifications: Users who have been denied licenses will be notified when one has become vacant.
- Licensing level: OpenLM enforces the consumption of predefined ArcGIS license levels: Basic, Standard or Advanced (previously referred to as ArcView, ArcEditor and ArcInfo respectively).
- Options files: OpenLM can dynamically adjust and maintain ArcGIS FlexLM Options files, to reflect changes made in the organization’s user group membership.
- Groups and Projects: OpenLM will accumulate license usage statistics according to Projects, as well as organizational units.
On the ground, and in the air
- OpenLM offers an on-premise installation for monitoring and managing license usage directly interfacing the organizational license servers and end users’ workstations.
- In addition, OpenLM offers a Saas version for monitoring license servers on the OpenLM cloud.
What’s next ?
Try us out. Download and install a free version of the OpenLM software. Support is fully available during the evaluation period.