OpenLM Server version release
The OpenLM Server is the core component of the OpenLM license monitoring and managements software system. It is responsible for accumulating license usage information from multiple sources, storing the information on a relational database, and presenting the data upon request.
OpenLM releases major OpenLM Server versions annually. Major versions contain structural changes and major enhancements to the OpenLM capabilities. In addition to major versions, OpenLM occasionally releases minor maintenance releases, as a response to required minor features and bugs that have been reported by our trusted customers.
This document is a log of maintenance release versions within major version v3.0. It lists the changes along with a description of their respective enhancements and fixes. We recommend to installing the latest version if you experience one of the reportedly fixed issues.
1. Before upgrading, make sure your system is compliant with the OpenLM System requirements.
2. If the OpenLM server (of any version) has been already installed on the machine for a period longer than the Evaluation period, A license file will be required. Please make sure you have one before proceeding with the upgrade process. In order to obtain a valid OpenLM license file, please contact OpenLM support, and provide your MAC address and Hostname (case sensitive).
1. Download the OpenLM Server installation file from the ‘Downloads’ section in the OpenLM site.
2. Stop the OpenLM Server service
3. Backup the DB file (Typically located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenLM\OpenLM Server\db) 4. It is recommended to close all windows applications, including the services window.
5. Install the new OpenLM Server version on top of the existing one.
6. If prompted to do so, contact OpenLM to obtain an up-to-date license file. Please provide your MAC address and Hostname (case sensitive) for that. Copy that file to the
“C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenLM\OpenLM Server\License” folder, and restart the OpenLM Server service.
Upgrade will be automatically performed by the OpenLM Server installer. Make sure to stop the OpenLM Server Service and backup your Database before upgrading. For further information please refer to this document.