Roles & Permissions
The Roles & Permissions Extension allows different users to access OpenLM according to their predefined roles
Not all resources should be made public to all individuals within an organization. It is necessary to set up roles and permission levels for different individuals so that the information presented to them reflects their position in the organization.
The OpenLM Roles & Permissions extension does exactly that.
Permission attributes may hold either one of the following values:
- Allow: The resource is accessible for a user or a user group.
- Disable: The resource is visible but not accessible for a user or a user group.
- Deny: The resource is neither visible nor accessible to a user or a user group.
A set of such Resource permissions is referred to as a “Role”. Roles are attributed to certain groups of function holders within a company; each group having different accessibility options to OpenLM’s resources.
The handling of Roles and Permissions is easily done by system administrators through the EasyAdmin administrative interface of the OpenLM system. With the OpenLM EasyAdmin web interface, you can assign users and user groups to predefined roles. Roles could be either:
- Predefined standard, provided by OpenLM
- New roles, created by inheriting the standard roles’ properties
- Newly created roles altogether.
For the full how-to instructions, please go here.