OpenLM Software Router: enhancing license management and allocation capabilities.
The Router’s intervenes in the license request made by the application, en-route the license manager. This scheme facilitates a new set of capabilities for license managers, such as:
- Providing a single point of reference to all application clients when changing the license server configuration, or migrating to another license server.
- Applying restrictions on license usage according to specific users, IP ranges and time of day.
- Standard license allocation capabilities regardless of license manager type.
The Router’s environment
The Router is implemented as a Java application. Java JRE 1.7 or higher is required. The Router’s configuration is set according to an XML file that should be set prior to running the application. The OpenLM Router receives a transaction on an IP within a specified range, and specific port number. It propagates it to a predefined destination IP, on a predefined port number.
Since the OpenLM Software Router intervenes in the process of license requesting and granting, a back up is required in order to avoid licensing failure in case the OpenLM Router machine fails. A redundancy scheme is therefore supported; Two routers may be configured in parallel, thus backing up each other.
Configuration is done via the OpenLM EasyAdmin web interface. The configuration parameters include:
- Source IP and port: Range of IP addresses that may be granted access to licenses, and their corresponding port numbers
- Destination IP and port numbers: IP and port number of the license manager as redirected by the OpenLM Router
- Restrictions: Further rules and restrictions to license routing, e.g.: limitation of license granting to specific time of day.
For more information, please refer to this document.
We Offer a 30 day fully supported evaluation