The customer complained: “Every time I go to add an admin account in the OpenLM Server Configuration it blocks all license usage information on the Agent? I’d like to password protect the EasyAdmin web application but still allow users to monitor license usage through the agent. Is there a way to do this?”
Observed during investigation
An admin account on the OpenLM Server Configuration window was created. This can be done by unchecking, and then rechecking the “Require login permissions” check box. A small dialog box subsequently appears, requiring a name & password for the new user (e.g.: User name: admin, Password: admin).
When you enable permissions, users need to be assigned with a set of permissions that will allow them to view license servers’ details
1. Create a role: Login to EasyAdmin with the “admin” account. follow the steps described in the “Creating a new role” section of the Application Note (3006) OpenLM v2.0: Roles and Permission Groups based security.
2. Assign resources to the new role: After you save the new role, the “Resources” tab will become enabled. Navigate to that tab. Note that it is assigned with one default resource. Now you need to add all resources that have this name pattern “server_servername” e.g. server_srv1 (where srv1 is the name of the server that you will grant access to). In order to do so, Follow the description in section “Adding resources to a role” the Application Note (3006) OpenLM v2.0: Roles and Permission Groups based security.
3. Assign the new role to the “admin” user: In order to do so, Follow the description in section “Assigning roles to a user or group of users” of the same Application note.
|Title||Troubleshoot form 03.001License usage reporting information on the Agent is blocked|
|Category||Permissions and Roles.|
|Date||Jul 6, 2011|
|Relevant Links||(link to mantis item, docs, customer correspondence etc.)|
|Applies to license managers||FLEXlm, FLEXnet publisher, IBM LUM, HASP, RLM, Sentinel RMS, LM-X, DSLS|
|Applies to license model||Floating licenses, Network licenses, Concurrent licenses|
|Symptoms||Following the creation of an admin account in the OpenLM Server Configuration, all license usage information on the Agent is blocked|
|Observed during investigation|
|Trouble shoot process||1. Create a role.
2. Assign all the necessary resources, that will allow viewing details, to the new role.
3. Add users as members of this role.
|Solution||Found (Found/Pending/Known Issue)|