Customer reported failure to connect to SQL Server. The “Check” button worked OK in the “OpenLM Database Configuration” dialog box, but EasyAdmin couldn’t connect to the SQL Server. See customer’s image below.
Observed during investigation
1. The customer defined the OpenLM Server (in the “OpenLM Database Configuration” dialog box) to work with SQL server using “Windows Authentication”. This means that logging to the SQLServer was done using windows credentials.
2. The customer clicked “Check” on the “OpenLM Database Configuration” dialog box, and it worked OK because the process worked fine with these windows credentials.
3. Then he started the “OpenLM Server”. It didn’t work because it had other credentials.
The customer sent a log containing these lines:
FATAL 2011-09-26 12:11:14,276 [thread 11] SessionProducer CreateFactory – Can’t map nhibernate domains
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Login failed for user ‘DPI\ORANTESTSPATIAL$’.
This means that a user named DPI (on server ORANTESTSPATIAL) could not login to the SQL Server, hence the system halts (FATAL error means that the application could not recover).
Trouble shoot process
1. The “Database credentials” dialog box may be configured wrong, e.g.: check the “Embedded” check box in the window for Databases that are located on local drives.
2. OpenLM Service credentials: In the “Windows Services” window, Select the “OpenLM Server” item. The “OpenLM Server Properties” dialog window opens. Select the “Log On” tab.
Here you can see under what credentials the service runs. By default we install it with “Local System Account” but some users change it.
We suggest acting according to one of these options:
1. Change the OpenLM Service credentials to that of a user who has both administrative permissions and a permission to login to the SQL server.
2. Another option is not to use the “Windows Authentication” (but “SQL Server Authentication”).
|Title||#02.001 Connection to SQL Server DB failed.|
|Date||Sep 26, 2011|
|Relevant Links||(link to mantis item, docs, customer correspondence etc.)|
|Applies to license managers||FLEXlm, FLEXera FLEXnet, IBM LUM, HASP, RLM, Sentinel RMS|
|Applies to license model||Floating licenses, Network licenses, Concurrent licenses|
|Symptoms||Customer reported failure to connect to a new SQL Server through EasyAdmin. Succeeded in connecting it via the Configuration form “Check” button. Customer succeeded in connecting to old FB Server through EasyAdmin.|
|Observed during investigation||Log contained fatal error:
Login failed for user ‘DPI\ORANTESTSPATIAL$’
|Trouble shoot process||Credentials issue|
|Solution||Found (Options: Found/Pending/Known Issue)|