OpenLM Server version 184.108.40.206 is a maintenance release to OpenLM version 2.0. It contains enhancements and bug fixes to problems found in previous versions. Users for whom these fixes are relevant should upgrade to this latest version.
Note that this version does not update the OpenLM database, only the OpenLM Server software. You will need to update your Database
What’s new in OpenLM Server 220.127.116.11 (March 26th, 2015)
- 2704: License usage chart – initial value incorrect.
- 2894: V18.104.22.168 License_activity_column_username no longer in openlm_users_role
- 2986: Unmanaged Process Add button greyed out
- 2882: Logs Uploader: Can not upload big customer files to MySQL
- 2985: Feature Usage Status screen does not show feature when some Servers names are selected
- 1458: Minor improvement in host availability presentation
1. Before upgrading, please make sure your system is compliant with the OpenLM System requirements.
- If the OpenLM server (of any version) has been already installed on the machine for a period longer than the Evaluation period, A license file will be required . Please make sure you have one before proceeding with the upgrade process.
In order to obtain a valid OpenLM license file, please contact OpenLM support, and provide your MAC address and Hostname (case sensitive).
Upgrading the OpenLM Server (Internal Firebird Database)
- Download the OpenLM Server installation file from the ‘Downloads’ section in the OpenLM site.
- Stop the OpenLM Server service
- Backup your DB file (Typically located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenLM\OpenLM Server\db)
- Make sure ALL windows are closed; especially the services window.
- For OpenLM versions 1.8, Install the new version on top of the existing one.
- If prompted to do so, contact OpenLM to obtain an up-to-date license file. Please provide your MAC address and Hostname (case sensitive) for that. Copy this file to the “C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenLM\OpenLM Server\License” folder, and restart the OpenLM Server service.
- Run the installation file. An OpenLM Server Service restart may be required after installation.
Upgrading the OpenLM Server (External MS-SQL, Oracle, MySQL Database)
If your current version is 22.214.171.124 or earlier please contact OpenLM support at:
For later versions: just run the upgrade process as elaborated in the “Upgrading the OpenLM Server (Internal Firebird Database)” above.