Training Courses – Designed to meet your needs
We offer training courses in which the main concepts and functionality of our products are addressed. Whether you just purchased one of these products, are an experienced user wanting to refresh your skills, or just upgraded to the latest release of the software, our training courses will give you a greater return on your investment and help you get the most out of your OpenLM software.
When new colleagues or students join your department, they can also easily enroll in a training course and start working quickly and efficiently. During these courses, you can gain knowledge of the main functions of software packages, such as OpenLM System architecture, Basic capabilities and benefits of OpenLM components and OpenLM extensions. Our experienced trainers also make sure that you get sufficient practical experience with your system so that you will be able to work with the system independently after the training course.
Basic OpenLM Training Course (4 hours)
The training aims to increase the knowledge about:
• License Management and OpenLM tools
• Implementation of OpenLM extensions
The course is conducted online and it includes 2 parts:
License Management and OpenLM tools:
- Basic license manager administration.
- OpenLM – The license manager tool.
- System architecture – Server, Broker, Agent, and interface deployment.
- User interface introduction.
- Reports – Benefits and decision making, Filtering and comparisons, Report personalizations.
Demonstration and implementation of OpenLM extensions:
- Directory Synchronization (also available on OpenLM Cloud)
- Group Usage (also available on OpenLM Cloud)
- Roles and Permissions (also available on OpenLM Cloud)
- Alerts Management (also available on OpenLM Cloud)
- License Allocation Manager (also available on OpenLM Cloud)
- Actual Usage
- Active Agent
- Unmanaged Processes
- Custom Commands
- Reports Scheduler
- Project Usage
Complete OpenLM Training Course (12 hours)
The course is conducted online and it includes 5 parts:
Part 1 – A general overview of license management and OpenLM.
- System architecture.
- Introduction to license usage, denials, and license types.
- Motivations to use OpenLM.
Part 2 – OpenLM interface and reports
- OpenLM user interface introduction.
- Understanding OpenLM Reports – Benefits and decision making.
- Basic OpenLM administration.
Part 3 – Basic capabilities and benefits of OpenLM components:
- OpenLM Server
- OpenLM Broker
- OpenLM Agent
Part 4 – Advanced OpenLM capabilities:
- Options files
- Actual usage
- App Manager
- Group billing
- Project billing
- Reporting Hub
- Custom Commands
- Unmanaged Processes
Part 5 – Administrative issues:
- OpenLM license
- Upgrades and versions
• Overview of license management and OpenLM
• OpenLM interface and reports
• Basic capabilities and benefits of OpenLM components
• Advanced OpenLM capabilities
• Administrative issues
Infrastructure minimal hardware requirements
- Dual-core CPU
- 8 GB memory
- Microsoft Desktop Runtime 3.1.3 or higher and ASP.NET Core Runtime 3.1.3 or higher (official download links)
- Static MAC address (Cloud-based servers must use ENI)
We also recommend consulting the optimal configuration guide for more in-depth information.
OpenLM is provided with integrated Kestrel support
OpenLM Server Supported Operating Systems
OpenLM Server uses ASP.Net Core 3.1 and can be generally installed on any .Net Core 3.1 supported platforms.
Supported versions: Windows 10 and above, Windows Server 2016 and above
We tested CentOS 7 and 8, Ubuntu 21.04
More information can be found here.
OpenLM can monitor both Windows’ and Unix / Linux resident license server systems.
The OpenLM Server can be installed on a Windows and Linux. OpenLM is also available on Cloud.
We’re happy to answer all your questions and help you understand how OpenLM