OpenLM End User License Agreement
Preamble: This Agreement governs the relationship between You, a natural person or a legal entity who You act on its behalf, and OpenLM Ltd, a duly registered Israeli Company whose principal place of business is P.O.B 659 Elyakhin, Israel (Hereinafter: Licensor). This Agreement sets the terms, rights, restrictions, and obligations on using OpenLM created and owned by Licensor, as detailed herein.
- Refusal: Should You refuse to accept this Agreement, You may not install OpenLM, use it or convey it to any 3rd party, even if such party agrees to the terms set in this Agreement.
- Trial and Adequacy: Other than when obtaining a license to a Trial Version of OpenLM, You hereby state that You inspected OpenLM thoroughly and found it satisfactory and adequate to Your needs, that it does not interfere with Your regular operation and that it does meet the standards and scope of Your computer systems and architecture. You found that OpenLM interacts with Your License system and software and that it does not violate Your Software Licenses EULA or License Management’s EULA. You hereby waive any claims regarding OpenLM’s incompatibility, performance, results, and features, and warrant that You inspected the Software.
- About OpenLM: OpenLM products enhance the use of FLEXnet and other licensing software, allowing organizations to receive comprehensive usage statistics, manage license servers, and control access to licenses. The information OpenLM collects and processes can be used in order to achieve maximum system efficiency and to resolve the common problem of excessive investment in expensive software licenses. Licensor owns and retains all copyright, title, trademarks, and other intellectual property in OpenLM conveyed and distributed under this Agreement. With respect to the aforesaid, ESRI, Autodesk and other software managed by OpenLM retain their trademarks and copyright.
- License: Licensor hereby grants You a limited, personal, revocable, non-exclusive, and royalty free license to use the software in Your regular course of business and to process data, all with accordance to this Agreement and other legal restrictions set forth in 3rd party software used while running OpenLM.
2.1. Use: You may use OpenLM on OpenLM Servers, Instances, Extensions, and deal with up to a total number of Vendor’s, License server ports/applications, Unique Users, and Extensions as detailed in a License File tide to the server name and MAC address. provided that it does not violate such application’s end user license agreement.
2.2. Revocation: This Agreement shall automatically be revoked and You shall not use, distribute, modify, or otherwise convey software, in any of the following cases:
2.2.1. Amendments or Modifications: Should You amend or modify Software, including creating any application that interacts with software in any other manner than its regular API, create a derivative work or otherwise add any code that may cause OpenLM to act in a different manner than originally intended or add new features to it.
2.2.2. Circumvention: Should You modify OpenLM to make it work with more assets than intended or otherwise use the API in any way or mean which causes the OpenLM to manage more licenses than paid for.
2.2.3. Decompiling or Disassembling: Should You decompile, disassemble or otherwise reverse-engineer OpenLM in any other mean than as permitted under law.
2.2.4. Distribution: Should You distribute Software, including any piece of OpenLM object code, software code or any derivative works thereof or should You publish or distribute any License File.
2.2.5. Lease: You may not lease, rent or otherwise allow 3rd parties to use software, or any portions thereof, nor You may allow 3rd parties to operate OpenLM as a service, web-based application, leased product or any other mean where they are not entitled to do so under law.
2.2.6. 3rd Party Adherence: Should You violate the 3rd Party Applications End User License Agreement, or otherwise perform any action that may cause 3rd Party Applications License revocation, including using OpenLM to circumvent the 3rd Party’s protection mechanism.
2.3. License File: Licensor shall provide You with an alphanumeric code that shall act as Your personal License File hereinafter: License File). This License File shall be personal, non-transferable, revocable and limited to Your Adherence to this Agreement and to the Product purchased from Licensor, including number of Licenses used, API access or any other breach of this Agreement.
2.4. Right of First Sale: Nothing in this Agreement shall limit Your right to sell Software, under the terms of this Agreement, as long as You notify Licensor about the sell and reimburse Licensor for the cost of issuing a new License File.
2.5. Licenses: With respect of the terms and conditions herein, Your license shall include the following rights and obligations, all with accordance to the terms set forth to each type of license.
2.5.1. Evaluation: You may use an Evaluation License of OpenLM for (i) the purpose of inspecting Software’s adequacy to Your requirements; (ii) evaluating OpenLM’s performance; and (iii) a limited time of 30 days.
18.104.22.168. Use: Your use of Trial Licensed OpenLM is limited; You may not use Trial Software for any purpose but evaluating OpenLM’s adequacy with Your system and license management software. You may not reuse an Evaluation Licence after one was previously expired.
22.214.171.124. Circumvention: You may not use Trial Software while circumventing OpenLM to avoid License Files, circumvent the time trial or otherwise circumvent OpenLM’s copy protection in any mean.
126.96.36.199. Limitations: You acknowledge Trial Licensed Software may contain reduced features or other mechanisms in order to limit the use of Trial Version and the terms of this Agreement. You may not circumvent or otherwise amend works created under Trial Version to remove watermarks or insignias.
188.8.131.52. Tracking and Use: Licensor may track Your use of Trial Licensed Software in order to inspect use, prevent fraud and circumvention and to contact You in order to disable trial features, by electronic means or other means.
2.5.2. Commercial: You may use a Commercial License for OpenLM for (i) a limited time, or unlimited time, as allowed by Your License File; (ii) to access OpenLM’s API for Your own personal use; (iii) on a specified number of assets as detailed in this Agreement.
2.6. Light: You may use OpenLM Light (i) for Your personal use; and (ii) for a limited time (12 months; and (iii) up to 1 License server, 1 License Port, 1 Vendor Daemon 50 Unique Users and limited functionality.
184.108.40.206. Distribution: with consideration to clause 2.a(iii), You may distribute binary copies of OpenLM Light (i) as a part of a complete software solution; or (ii) as a part of a software bundle; or (iii) in any other mean You may deem adequate, as long as it does not modify the binary code of OpenLM, for any use; all after you recieved Licensor’s permission. You may charge fees for distribution of OpenLM Light, and You may provide maintenance, support or warranty for Light versions, as long as Licensor’s copyright is retained.
220.127.116.11. Non-Circumvention: You may not distribute OpenLM Light with any means used to circumvent any copy-protection or impair the limited functionality of OpenLM Light.
18.104.22.168. One Installation per Network: You may not use OpenLM Light on more than one instance on one network under Your control or supervision. You may not host more than one version of OpenLM Light on the same network.
22.214.171.124. Non-Refundable: The License Grants is non-refundable. You may not be refunded, under the extent permitted by law, should You refrain from using OpenLM, terminate this Agreement under any terms, including termination or revocation by Licensor, or should it contain any defects. As OpenLM is constructed from intangible goods, it may not be refunded for or returned to manufacturer.
2.7. Trademarks: Licensor shall retain full title in Trademarks, and any trademarks and trade-names contained, including OpenLM’s names, logos, and all other intellectual property. Unless specifically stated in this Agreement, no license shall be made to use, associate or affiliate OpenLM with Yourself in any manner.
2.8. Open Source: You agree and warrant that without Licensor’s prior written consent, You shall not use, or cause OpenLM or OpenLM’s API to interact with any GPL Licensed software or any software distributes under a similar license requiring that any amendment or modification to the software, including dynamic linking, shall be distributed or released under a license different from this Agreement.
- Updates: Licensor may provide You, from time to time, with Upgrades, Updates or Fixes, provided that You enter a Maintenance Agreement with Licensor or any Licensed 3rd party to provide support or maintenance. You may, at your sole discretion, purchase Support and Maintenance, according to the rates set by Licensor.
- API: OpenLM system features an Open API that allows developers and companies to extend the functionality of the system. For example, by implementing OpenLM API in a FLEXlm license software one can easily create an “OpenLM for New Software” product. Another example is that by using OpenLM Server open API one can create software like OpenLM EasyAdmin. Developers can freely use OpenLM API to develop applications. The use, sell and distribution of such applications must be licensed by OpenLM and a revenue sharing agreement must be signed.
4.1. Use: Licensor hereby grants You a personal license to use OpenLM’s Application Programming Interface (API) in order to enhance OpenLM’s use and functionality, as long as: (i) no use is being made to extend the maximum licenses and License Servers operated by OpenLM; or (ii) No distribution of any software, software code or binary that interacts with OpenLM’s API shall be made; or (iii) disclose the nature and functionality of API to any 3rd party without Licensor’s prior written consent; or (iv) otherwise make the API available to 3rd parties without Licensor’s prior written consent.
- Support: During Term, and as long as You have a paid for the Support and Maintenance, OpenLM may provide you the following support services, all according to OpenLM’s Support SLA (hereinafter: SLA) as detailed in OpenLM’s website, and amended from time to time. For further information, please visit the following page: https://www.openlm.com/software-technical-support-service-level-agreement-sla/
5.1. Software Maintenance: OpenLM shall provide you with Bug Fixes, Updates and Upgrades, from time to time, and according to OpenLM’s development and roadmap, as published and detailed on OpenLM’s website.
5.2. Support: OpenLM shall provide You with technical and operational support in regards to how to operate the OpenLM software, installation and integration, availability of additional components and any other inquiries which You may present from time to time. Support shall be provided by Phone, Email and Technical Forums on OpenLM’s website, during regular business hours and all requests shall be replied to within one work day.
5.3. Bug Reports: You may report bugs with accordance to clause 6a to the EULA. OpenLM shall inspect the report, and according to OpenLM’s roadmap, availability of staff and operational requirements, shall determine whether to fix the bug.
5.4. Extent of Support: The nature of the Support granted under this Agreement is limited, and covers only providing known solutions and/or solving workarounds, but not bug fixes and/or updates to Software. Critical problems, as determined by OpenLM’s sole discretion, may be dealt with.
5.5. Use of Knowledge base: OpenLM shall also provide you access to OpenLM’s Knowledge-Base, either by access to OpenLM’s website or by electronic means. The Knowledge Base shall contain a list of known and fixed solutions and workarounds. By entering into this Agreement, You further grant OpenLM Your consent to include any inquiry which You will make in OpenLM’s knowledge-base, after excluding any identifiable information.
- Bug Notifications, Feature Requests and Beta Testing: OpenLM may allow you to provide it with bug notifications, and feature requests or to enroll to its beta testing program, all under these terms.
6.1. Bug Notification: You may provide Licensor of details regarding any bug, defect or failure in OpenLM promptly and with no delay from such event; You shall comply with Licensor’s request for information regarding bugs, defects or failures and furnish him with information, screenshots and try to reproduce such bugs, defects or failures.
6.2. Feature Request: You may request additional features in OpenLM, provided, however, that (i) You shall waive any claim or right in such feature should feature be developed by Licensor; (ii) You shall be prohibited from developing the feature by Yourself, or disclose such feature request, or feature, to any 3rd party directly competing with Licensor or any 3rd party which may be, following the development of such feature, in direct competition with Licensor; (iii) You warrant that feature does not infringe any 3rd party patent, trademark, trade-secret or any other intellectual property right; and (iv) You developed, envisioned or created the feature solely by Yourself.
6.3. Beta Testing: Upon Licensor’s sole discretion, he may provide You with an option to participate in OpenLM’s Beta Testing (hereinafter: Beta). Should You participate in Beta, You hereby warrant to keep all information in strict confidentiality, refrain from disclosing it to any 3rd party or use it in any manner, especially in manners directly competing with Licensor. You shall furnish Licensor with information relating to the Beta and OpenLM’s features, and remove all OpenLM upon Licensor’s request.
- Liability: To the extent permitted under Israeli Law, the software is provided under an AS-IS basis. Licensor shall not, and without any limit, be liable for any damage, cost, expense or any other payment incurred by You as a result of OpenLM actions, OpenLM’s failure, OpenLM’s bugs and/or any other interaction between OpenLM and Your end-equipment, computers, other software or any 3rd party services. If any competent authority shall rule that this exclusion of liability is non-enforceable, then Licensor’s maximum liability shall be the amount actually paid by you to Licensor during the 12 months prior to the event.
- Warranty: OpenLM is provided without any warranty save for where stated in this License; Licensor hereby disclaims any warranty that OpenLM shall be error free, without defects or code which may cause damage to Your computers or to You, and that OpenLM shall be functional. Licensor hereby warrants that the software does not violate or infringe any 3rd party claims in regards to intellectual property, patents and/or trademarks and that to the best of its knowledge no legal action has been taken against it for any infringement or violation of any 3rd party intellectual property rights. You shall be solely liable to any damage, defect or loss incurred as a result of operating software and undertake the risks contained in running OpenLM on Your computers.
- Components: OpenLM Software includes 3rd party software; nothing in this Agreement shall deem the 3rd parties liable to any damage and the 3rd party software is provided without any warranty or liability. In any case where a competent authority shall rule that these components infringe on a third party right, then Licensor shall exercise reasonable efforts to replace them and to maintain the software’s functionality. The 3rd Party software is released under the following licenses:
9.1. Apache: Ncrontab.dll (by azizatif), Apache log4net, Apache Log4j, Apache Commons BeanUtils, Apache Commons Collections, Apache Commons Digester, Apache Commons Codes, Apache Commons Exec, Apache Commons IO, Apache Commons Lang, Apache Commons Logging, Apache HttpComponents HTTPClient, JGroups, Apache Commons CLI, Apache Commons Pool, Apache Commons Procrun, HornetQ, Jasypt, Netty, Xml Pull Parser, CGLIB, Flyway, Selenium, Quartz Scheduler, HikariCP, JBoss logmanager, Google Gson, Castle.Core
9.2. MS-PL and Apache: CsvHelper
9.3. LGPL: Nhibernate
9.4. GPL: MySql.Data
9.5. BSD, revised BSD and BSD based: lightTPD, XStream, HSQLDB, Selenium ChromeDriver, Moq
9.6. IPL: Firebird
9.7. LGPL 2.1: SwingX, JBoss Logging, JNA.
9.8. MIT: SLF4J, Newtonsoft.Json, FakeItEasy
9.9. Kettle from pentaho:
9.10. Eclipse Public License Version 1.0 (EPLv1)
9.11. PostgreSQL: The PostgreSQL License
9.12. The full list of third-party software/components and their respective license agreements: https://www.openlm.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/OpenLM-External-third-party-components-January-2022-All.pdf
- Indemnification: You hereby warrant to hold Licensor harmless and indemnify licensor for any lawsuit brought against it in regards to Your use of OpenLM in means that violate, breach or otherwise circumvent this Agreement, Licensor’s intellectual property rights or Licensor’s title in OpenLM. Licensor shall promptly notify You in case of such legal action and request Your consent prior to any settlement in relation to such lawsuit or claim. The Licensor hereby warrants to hold you harmless and indemnify you for any lawsuit brought against you in regards to any infringement of third party rights, third party licenses as well as intellectual property rights made directly by the licensor. You shall promptly notify the Licensor in case of such legal action and request its consent prior to any settlement in relation to such lawsuit or claim. If Licensor cannot continue to provide you with the Software, it will procure or provide replacement software or amend it to avoid such infringement.
- Termination: Licensor may terminate this Agreement, including Your license in the case where You (i) became insolvent or otherwise entered into any liquidation process; or (ii) exported OpenLM to any jurisdiction where licensor may not enforce his rights under this agreements in; or (iii) You were in breach of any of this Agreement’s terms and conditions and such breach was not cured, immediately upon notification; or (iv) You were in breach of any of the terms of clause 2 (License) to this Agreement; or (v) You otherwise entered into any arrangement which caused licensor to be unable to enforce his rights under this Agreement.
- Governing Law, Jurisdiction: This Agreement shall be solely governed by the Laws of the State of Israel, and any dispute arising from it shall be brought only to the competent courts of the Haifa district. You hereby agree not to initiate class-action lawsuits against Licensor in relation to this Agreement and to compensate Licensor for any legal fees, costs or attorney fees should any claim brought by You against Licensor be denied, in part or in full.