We know you always look forward to our new releases and the improvements they bring to managing your licenses. We are delighted to announce new capabilities both in product management and operations.
Product Administration Enhancements
Reaching for the Sky – Cloud License Management
While many are under the impression that license management for cloud products is not necessary because it is pay-per-use software, this is not strictly true. For those of you who have been grappling with usage and licenses for ArcGIS Online and Autodesk Cloud, this new release will help you manage these products in tandem with your other more conventional licenses. Then, while it is not strictly engineering software, but is found and used in every organization, we now offer license management for Adobe Cloud and Microsoft 365.
Autodesk Token Flex
While we were working on Autodesk Cloud, we also devoted time to providing a complete solution for Autodesk Token Flex. You will now be able to
- audit usage from your point of view as a comparison against Autodesk’s calculations
- identify potential double charge situations based on license and user time of day discrepancies
- Identify idle licenses and harvest them
all supported with comprehensive reporting.
Embedded License Management
Embedded licenses are becoming more and more common. Following requests from you, our customers, we can now support Flexnet Embedded (FNE) that has XML API enabled such as Avid or Nvidia.
Tighter Control of Oil and Gas Software
For our oil and gas customers, we are pleased to tell you that you can now save and close instances of Harmony, Kingdom and Petra applications. We would welcome any organizations who want to be beta testers for this enhancement.
- We have cut down on that tedious wait at start-up and while performing certain analyses, which will make everyone happy.
- You do not have to restart any more to apply configuration additions or changes for license managers
System settings & configuration
- System configuration is much slicker, now that it has been moved to the web UI (user interface)
- We have also made email notification less clunky by moving it to the web UI
Security and Integrity
Security threats are growing daily, so we have tightened up on access and usage by
- Enforcing passwords and improving compliance by introducing password expiry
- preventing use of previous passwords and
- limiting the number of login attempts, and blocking access after several failed attempts.
- All OpenLM components now require login, even when working server-side
Some of our customers were experiencing synchronization problems when using LDAP and Active Directory. These problems were volume-related and we strengthened the application to support LDAP synchronization for over 10 000 users.
We invite you to sample Release 4.5 and see how it assists you!