Users may inadvertently occupy licenses they don’t need. Occasionally they may even check out licenses just to keep them at their disposal. Such conditions effectively reduce license availability and work efficiency, and may also lead to the purchase of unneeded licenses.
License managers label licenses as occupied even when they sit idle, wasting limited company resources. That’s where OpenLM comes in.
- System administrators can utilize the OpenLM EasyAdmin web interface to identify such conditions, and obtain idle session reports.
- OpenLM can be configured to retrieve idle licenses either manually or automatically.
- Users who have been denied licenses due to license pool exhaustion will be notified on the availability of licenses, once idle licenses are retrieved into the license pool
For more information, please refer to these documents:
- Monitoring Idle Application time, and manual license retrieval – AN4005a
- Closing Idle Sessions and Automatic License Retrieval – AN3005
- OpenLM Screenshots