Virtualization consists of a stack of computing technologies and can be accomplished at each hardware and software level. In a company, virtualization technology or virtualization software can beautify the software services, specifically the SaaS programs. It’s additionally the only manner for firms to lessen their infrastructure cost.
What is a SaaS? What is Virtualization? | What do you mean by Virtualization?
- SaaS: It’s primarily a cloud based software deployment model and has the functionality of offering data access regardless of devices and locations. Virtualization: Simulation of hardware technology to create a Virtual System.
- SaaS: SaaS uses the subscription model and a vendor of service providers hosts it. Virtualization: Works in the form of Segmented systems called Virtual Machines.
- SaaS: It is easy to administrate. Virtualization: Each VM is an independent device that works on a particular Operating system and a Database.
- SaaS: Global accessibility and Compatibility. Virtualization: Empowers the most efficient, optimized Utilization of Hardware Systems.
- SaaS: Supports SOA (Service-Oriented-Architecture). Virtualization: Allows the businesses to obtain extra and Higher return on investments (ROI) on the hardware level.
Development of Virtualized Software-as-a- Service (vSaaS)
With increase in global cloud adoption there has been an enormous surge in the attention towards SaaS Based platforms and Products facilitated via Internet. And this has led to the development of a new approach called vSaaS (Virtualized Software-as-a- Service) which has been the talk of the town.
The main objective of this approach is to transform software as a service performance over a cloud environment where the end users are able to access the software and information irrespective of gadget and location with uncompromised device capability. Operating System-level virtualization is one such approach where the performance and availability of a SaaS application can be improved and enhanced at a pathbreaking level. In a Nutshell, vSaaS implementation is a pivotal discovery to increase the performance and feasibility of a SaaS application.
Virtualization vs. Cloud Computing | Virtualization in Cloud Computing
Harmonization of Virtualization and SaaS has been one of the striking features of Cloud Computing. This accounts for a more broader and flexible approach in building a robust and high performing application to engage and proliferate the end users. Virtualization is more of an extension of Cloud Computing over a wide network area which is helpful in re-engagement of resources that improves cost-efficiency. To make it more understandable SaaS and Virtualization are two bodies of a performing environment – SaaS being the logical and Virtualization being the physical layer.
Virtualization and SaaS- A global, local and regional combination that the world is looking up to!
Virtualization is by far the most significant technology to empower SaaS and enhances the SaaS capabilities multifolds. With respect to SaaS applications, Virtualization can be used to solve all the hardware-based problems to ensure the best of the results with the SaaS based applications.
Benefits of Virtualization | Virtualization Benefits
- Virtualization plays a very important role in Development, Design, Deployment and Maintenance of All the SaaS based platforms. It also helps the breakdown of distinct application features in a SaaS application without hampering their Functionality.
- Meanwhile Virtualization also helps in improving the scalability of infrastructure while still utilizing the underlying hardware to its utmost capacity.
- Virtualization is also the most effective way to reduce IT costs and has the ability to provide faster development and test mechanisms by creating development and test environments rapidly.
Let’s have a Quick look on How Virtualization in SaaS is shaping up the technology for Tomorrow!
Virtualization has been the most discussed topic for the past few years. Below are some of the advantages that virtualization can offer the enterprises include:
- Robust System Security: Virtualization has a unique ability to track requests and route hackers to unidentified Location such that, if a request seems unsuitable, It provides enhanced security by Securing and protecting business information safe from potential harm.
- Improved System Reliability: In virtualization, the I/O resources can be isolated providing better security and reliability.
- Disaster Recovery: Virtualization provides a faster, better, and more reliable disaster recovery to enterprises, by transferring information to secondary (High Availability) and backup servers in the same or different instance that the original server might be crashing, thus preventing information and data loss.
- Space, Server Consolidation and Scalability: Virtualization can manage and accommodate the frequently changing requirements of an enterprise with regard to its workload and space. This includes the physical space as well as the cloud server space both at Public and Private virtual server. Their usage can be virtuallectivily calibrated in a virtual machine. Hence, its saves energy usage (PUE: Power Usage Efficiency), reduces operating costs and management expenses.
- Endless Memory and Accessibility: Enterprise business can take advantage of the limitless memory to store vital information in an accessible and secure place. Similar to SaaS, you can access virtualization from any location and device having an Internet connection.
- Provisioning: ‘Virtual Servers’ ability to conduct an image-based installation process makes the provisioning much simpler and less faulty.
- Density: Most of the current application are designed as per the single tenant architecture which somehow doesn’t support SaaS based applications.
Virtualization enables and empowers multiple instances of the same SaaS applications. Here the SaaS apps run on the same virtual machines. Here the key is that, without changing the performance of the virtual machines, apps run with relatively more precision, a greater level of efficiency without making any changes in the design part.
Formation of SaaS, TaaS Based on Virtual Network Access
With a constant and steady speed, the world is moving towards an era where computing resources and applications will be virtual, from Software as a Service (SaaS), to Testing as a Services (TaaS), organizations will be formed around virtual network access.
Both virtualization and SaaS are Mirror Complementary in a way that after your data and server is virtualized, it is integrated into a cloud service. In combination with virtualization, SaaS definitely proves to be a powerful combination for enterprises. The blessings of virtualization in SaaS are so outstanding that in the coming years, no SaaS Based provider company can compete without the use of virtualization.