Install Workstation Agent (Old Name->OpenLM Agent) – SCCM – HT817
Install Workstation Agent – SCCM
1.Creating Installation Package
- Download the latest version of “Workstation Agent”.
- Place the Workstation Agent installer on the SCCM server or on a network share.
- Open SCCM Configuration Management Console on the SCCM server.
- open the “Software Library” menu
- Right-click on “Applications” then choose “Folder”
- Give the folder a new name and click OK.
- Right-click on “Applications” and choose “Create Application”
- Select “Automatically detect information about this application from the installation files”
- Choose an installation file type
- Click the ‘down’ arrow on the “Type” drop-down list
- Choose “Window Installer (*.msi)”
- Browse for the Workstation Agent installation file.
- Click Next twice then Input all relevant and desired details.
- Modify the Installation program field as required
- Browse for the installation file to select it.
- Select the desired installation behavior from “Install Behavior”.
- Click “Next-Next” then “Close“.
2.Deploying Application to Target Workstations
- Open SCCM console.
- Software Library > Overview > Application Management > Applications.
- Right-click on Workstation Agent application and select “Deploy”.
- Click Browse and select the users you wish to deploy to and click OK.
- Click Next to advance to “Content”.
- Click ADD to choose “Distribution Points” and then OK.
- Click Next to advance to “Deployment Settings”.
- Change the option “Available” to “Required”.
- Click Next to advance to “Scheduling”.
- Click Next to advance to “User Experience”.
- Click Next to advance to “Alert”.
- Click Next-Next and Close the wizard.
- Upon successful deployment, Workstation Agent should appear in the “Software Center”.
- Continue with configuring Workstation Agent functionalities, Configure OpenLM Extensions and view the Reports of OpenLM.
Please make sure you have a single OpenLM Server installation on a central network server.