This document describes the steps required to interface OpenLM with the IPGLock License Manager in order to monitor license usage and obtain license statistics.
To query the IPGLock License Manager, the following components must be installed:
- OpenLM Server v2x installed on a machine in your organization or a SLMC accouunt
- OpenLM Broker v4.17 or higher installed on the same machine as the IPGLock License Manager
Monitoring capabilities and features #
The current monitoring capabilities available for IPGLock through OpenLM Broker are as follows:
|Feature||Resolution||License totals||License usage||Denials Reporting||Borrowed License Reporting||Expiration Date Reporting||Multiple Server Redundancy|
OpenLM Broker configuration #
Diagram of how OpenLM interfaces with the IPGLock LicenseManager
- Click Add Port.
- Enter the IPGLock server port number; the default is 11010.
- Select IPGLock from the “License Manager Type” drop-down menu.
- Click Apply.
- Select the Data Inquiry node under Commands (IPGLock provides data by telnet protocol) then click Execute. Make sure that you see a valid output (e.g no errors or warnings). Click Restart Broker.
- Click on the Vendors node→Vendor name to be filled and fill in the Vendor name – IPGLock. This can be changed to any descriptive text and will be seen in the EasyAdmin User Interface reports. Click Apply.
- Select the Log Files node.
- Select the “log” node that has just been created. Click […] and browse to the path where the IPGLock log file is located.
Alternative – configuration via Broker web UI #
- Open any convenient web browser. In the address bar type in theBroker web UI address: http://localhost:5090/;
- Click on the License Managers tab then Add License Manager:
- A pop-up will open. From the drop-down list select the License Manager type and input the port number (e.g. 888). Click Add:
- In the newly opened screen, (Commands tab), click on the Service Name field e.g. IPGLock.
- Click Execute to make sure there are no errors in the telnet command.
- Switch to the Vendors tab then click Add Vendor. A pop-up window will appear. In the text field input, IPGLock then click Continue:
- Switch to the Log Files tab and browse to where the IPGLock log file is located. Click Continue.
- Click Save.
OpenLM Server configuration #
If you have followed the steps in the section above, OpenLM Broker should now be transmitting data to OpenLM Server. The final step is to approve the configuration in EasyAdmin:
- Open the EasyAdmin interface by accessing Windows Start → OpenLM → OpenLM EasyAdmin User Interface→Start→Widgets→License Manger – Servers.
- Navigate to the Servers pending approval icon and click on it.
- In the newly opened prompt, double click on the license manager with Pending Status, (i.e IPGLock). Note the Type will be displayed as OpenLM Generic).
- Give a descriptive name to the added connection (e.g IPGLock) or leave the default one. Also, leave the default type “OpenLM Generic”.Make sure the Enabled toggle button is on. Click Approve.
At this point, the IPGLock License Manager has been automatically added to OpenLM Server and the configuration is complete. It will take a few moments until the data is parsed and available. The green circle will confirm the status.
How to verify your IPGLock License Manager configuration #
To check if the IPGLock License Manager server is being monitored correctly:
- Open the EasyAdmin web application in your browser.
- Click EasyAdmin Start → Widgets → License Servers. Verify that the configured license manager appears in the server list. A green circle node indicates an active connection to the license server.
Please note that sometimes it may take up to 3 minutes for the status indicator to change if this is a new connection.