Interfacing the Sentinel HASP license manager – KB3001f
OpenLM supports license monitoring of a wide, and ever growing variety of license managers.
This application note elaborates the steps required to configure OpenLM to interface Sentinel HASP, to monitor license usage and obtain license statistics. OpenLM only supports HASP versions 5.0 and higher. Versions 4 and lower are not supported.
2. Introducing a new Sentinel HASP server
In the OpenLM Server Configuration tool, introduce a new Sentinel HASP server under the License Servers tab:
1. Select the License Servers tab.
2. Click Add
3. From the Type drop-down menu, select HASP.
4. Insert a description in the Description text box.
5. Set the Time Zone to where the License Server physically sits.
6. Submit an the appropriate Hostname and Port numbers. The HASP default port is 1947
7. Is Triad Configuration: This configuration is reserved for FlexLM license managers only. Keep it unchecked.
8. Use Broker unchecked.
9. Click Apply.
3. Enabling the OpenLM server to work with Sentinel HASP
If the OpenLM Server is installed on the same machine as the HASP license server, then no additional setting is required. If OpenLM Server is installed on a different machine than the HASP server, follow these actions:
Open the Sentinel Hasp Admin Control Center port (default 1947) on firewall.
In the Configuration tab, under the Basic Settings tab, change the settings of Sentinel Hasp Admin Control Center to check the box to Allow Remote Access to ACC . See the image below for clarification.
4. Verifying the HASP configuration
Open the EasyAdmin web application.
Click EasyAdmin Start → Management → License servers.
- The “License Servers” window appears. Verify that the configured HASP license manager appear on the list. A green circle node indicates an active connection to a license server.