This document describes the steps required to interface OpenLM with the Razorcat License Manager in order to monitor license usage and obtain license statistics.
1. Requirements #
To query the Razorcat License the following components must be installed:
- OpenLM Server v2x installed on a machine in your organization
- OpenLM Broker v22.5 or higher installed on the same machine as the pure::variants
2. Monitoring capabilities and features #
The current monitoring capabilities available for Razorcat through OpenLM Broker are as follows:
|Feature||Resolution||License totals||License usage||Denials Reporting||Borrowed License Reporting||Expiration Date Reporting||Multiple Server Redundancy|
3. OpenLM Broker configuration #
Diagram of how OpenLM interfaces with the Razorcat LicenseManager
- Click Add Port.
- Enter the Razorcat server port number (e.g. 36679).
- Select Razorcat from the “License Manager Type” drop-down menu.
- Select the Commands node. Click […] to the left of “Update path for commands:” and browse to the folder where the flsutil.exe command-line utilities resides (typically C:Program FilesRazorcatFLS_4.2bin. Click Update.
- Click Apply.
- Select the Data Inquiry node under Commands then click Execute. Make sure that you see a valid output (e.g no errors or warnings). (If the configuration contains a fallback FLS, add –h localhost. This command is supported for the local host only).
- Click Restart Broker.
- Follow the steps in sections below.
4. Alternative – configuration via Broker web UI #
- Open any convenient web browser. In the address bar type in theBroker web UI address: http://localhost:5090/;
- Click on the License Managers tab then Add License Manager:
- A pop-up will open. From the drop-down list select the License Manager type and input the port number (e.g. 888). Click Add:
- In the newly opened screen, click on the Commands tab. Click on Executable Path to input the folder destination where the flsutil.exe command-line utilities resides (typically C:Program FilesRazorcatFLS_4.2bin. Note: You can either input the path manually or browse it by clicking on the Magnifier Icon:
- Type in a Service name, e.g. Razorcat.
- Switch to the Vendors tab then click Add Vendor. A pop-up window will appear. In the text field input Razorcat then click Continue:
- Click Save.
5. OpenLM Server configuration #
Automatic OpenLM Server configuration through EasyAdmin #
If you have followed the steps in the section above, OpenLM Broker should now be transmitting data to OpenLM Server. The final step is to approve the configuration in EasyAdmin:
- Open the EasyAdmin interface by accessing Windows Start → OpenLM → OpenLM EasyAdmin User Interface→Start→Widgets→License Manger – Servers.
- Navigate to the Servers pending approval icon and click on it.
- In the newly opened prompt, double click on the license manager with Pending Status, (i.e Razorcat). Note the Type will be displayed as OpenLM Generic).
- Give a descriptive name to the added connection (e.g Razorcat) or leave the default one. Also, leave the default type “OpenLM Generic”.Make sure the Enabled toggle button is on. Click Approve.
At this point, the Razorcat License Manager has been automatically added to OpenLM Server and configuration is complete. It will take a few moments until the data is parsed and available. The green circle will confirm the status.
Manual OpenLM Server configuration
If the automatic configuration has failed, you can manually configure OpenLM Server to connect to the OpenLM Broker installation located on the Razorcat License Manager machine.
The hostname and port settings must match those that have been configured for OpenLM Broker.
- Go to Start→Administration→ License Manager Servers.
- Click Add LM.
- From the Type drop-down menu, select OpenLM Generic.
- Insert a description in the Description text box (e.g. “Razorcat”)
- Set the Time Zone to where the License Server physically resides.
- Enter the Hostname and Port number of the machine where the Razorcat LM is installed.
- Is Triad Configuration box: unchecked.
- Use Broker box: checked.
- Click Save.
OpenLM Server is now configured to monitor the incoming data from OpenLM Broker.
6. How to verify your Razorcat License Manager configuration #
To check if the Razorcat License Manager server is being monitored correctly:
- Open the EasyAdmin web application in your browser.
- Click EasyAdmin Start → Widgets → License Servers. Verify that the configured license manager(s) appears in the server list. A green circle node indicates an active connection to the license server.
Please note that sometimes it may take up to 3 minutes for the status indicator to change if this is a new connection.