This document describes the steps required to interface OpenLM with GitLab in order to monitor license usage and obtain license statistics.
Table of Contents:
1. Requirements #
To query the GitLab license manager the following requirements must be met:
- Broker v22.2 or higher installed in any machine in the same LAN with GitLab
- OpenLM Server v21.12 or higher
- TCP/IP communication
- Configured GitLab
- GitLab Account
2. Monitoring capabilities and features #
The current monitoring capabilities available for GitLab through the OpenLM Broker are as follows:
|Feature||Resolution||License totals||License usage||Denials Reporting||Borrowed License Reporting||Expiration Date Reporting||Multiple Server Redundancy|
3. OpenLM Broker configuration #
Diagram of how OpenLM interfaces with the GitLab
Please note that OpenLM Broker must already be installed and configured to report to OpenLM Server before proceeding further.
Manual OpenLM Broker configuration
If auto-detect did not work, you can also add and configure the license manager manually. To do so:
- Click Add Port.
- Enter the GitLab port number – 80
- Select GitLab from the “License Manager Type” drop-down menu. Click Apply.
- Select Data Inquiry in the Commands node and type in the GitLab URL for users in the data inquiry field (Ex: http://FQDN:80/api/v4/users).
- Go to C:Program FilesOpenLMOpenLM Broker and open the email@example.com file. Provide the login information and save the changes.
- Go back to the Broker Click Execute then Apply. Make sure you get license output.
- Select “Vendor Name to Be Filled” under Vendors. Enter GitLab in the “Vendor Name”. field then click Apply.
- Click Apply.
- Click Restart Broker.
4. How to verify your GitLab configuration #
To check if the GitLab License Server is being monitored correctly:
- Open the EasyAdmin web application in your browser.
- Click EasyAdmin Start → Widgets → License Servers.
- Double click on it to approve the GitLab license manager in License Server Panel from the Pending Approval link.
Please note that sometimes it may take up to 3 minutes for the status indicator to change if this is a new connection.