ProgeCAD is a general-purpose 2D and 3D design software useful for CAD field & concept sketching. It is compatible with AutoCAD and Direct Modeling in native .dwg.
OpenLM supports license monitoring of a wide and ever-growing variety of license managers. This document elaborates on the steps required to configure OpenLM to monitor the ProgeCAD License Manager and obtain reliable license reports and usage statistics. This capability is available for ProgeCAD NLM versions 13.0.18 onward. In a nutshell, the ProgeCAD license server is configured to provide a periodic XML file OpenLM parses this XML file and presents the usage results in the EasyAdmin User Interface
Monitoring of the ProgeCAD license server requires the installation of:
- OpenLM Broker on the ProgeCAD license server machine, and
- OpenLM Server on any Windows machine on the network (including the ProgeCAD license server machine), as elaborated below, or an OpenLM Cloud Account.
The OpenLM Broker will query the ProgeCAD license server locally, and propagate the data to the OpenLM Server.
Configure OpenLM to monitor the ProgeCAD License Manager #
In order to configure OpenLM to work with the ProgeCAD License Manager, follow this procedure:
- Download and install the OpenLM Server or create an OpenLM Cloud account.
- Navigate to the EasyAdmin User Interface→Start menu→Adminstration→License Manager Servers→Add LM. The ADD LICENSE MANAGER window appears.
- Type in a descriptive text in the Description text box (e.g.: “my ProgeCAD license server”).
- From the Type drop-down menu, select “OpenLM Generic“.
- Type in the license server’s hostname or IP in the Hostname text box (e.g. progecad_server)
- Set the Time Zone to where the License Server physically resides (e.g.: Eastern time).
- Note that the exact same name will need to be used in the OpenLM Broker configuration as well (see below).
- Type in the port number provided by ProgeCAD in the port text box(e.g. 51168). Note that the same number will need to be used in the OpenLM Broker configuration as well (see below).
- “Is Triad Configuration”: OpenLM supports multiple server redundancy configurations for several types of license servers (e.g.: FlexLM, DSLS, IBM LUM). At the time of writing this article, OpenLM does not yet support multiple server redundancy for ProgeCAD. Keep this toggle off.
- Use Broker toggle – ON.
- Click Save.
- Download and install the latest OpenLM Broker version.
- Click Add Port
- Click on the license server node (e.g. progecad_server)
- Type in the same port number as configured on the OpenLM Server configuration tool (e.g. 51168)
- In the “License Manager Type” drop box, select OpenLM Generic.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Open the Commands section and select data_inquiry. Type in the appropriate Progecad data inquiry command:
“<Full path to NLMServerMonitor.exe>” /xml.
In this example, the command is:
“C:Program Files (x86)ProgeCADNLM Server 2013 PRONGNLMServerMonitorNLMServerMonitor.exe” /xml
- Click the ‘Execute’ button to check the operation of the Data Inquiry command.
- Click the Apply button.
- Repeat stages 6 thru 8 for the ‘Status’ command.
- Expand the Vendors ‘+’ sign and type ‘ProgeCAD’ (case sensitive) in the Vendor text box. Click ‘Apply’.
- Click Restart Broker.
- Download and install the latest OpenLM Broker version. Follow the installation and configuration instructions on the OpenLM Broker configuration guide.
- Navigate your Broker web UI instance (http://localhost:5090/).
- In the License Managers tab, click Add License Manager. A pop-up will appear.
- From the LM type drop-down list, select OpenLM Generic. Input the port number (e.g. 51168) and click ADD.
- The ADD LICENSE MANAGER configuration window appears.
- Switch to the Commands tab. In the Executable path field, and type in the full path format for the command ““<Full path to NLMServerMonitor.exe>” /xml.
- Click SAVE then Execute and make sure the output is valid.
- Switch to the Vendors tab. Click Add Vendor. A pop-up appears. Type in “ProgeCad ” or other free text for the Vendor name then click Continue.
- Click SAVE.
Your OpenLM system is configured to present ProgeCAD license usage information. Navigate to your EasyAdmin User Interface→Start→Administration→License Manager Servers and click on the Pending icon to approve the recently added License Manager. If you require any further assistance on this subject – please contact Support@OpenLM.com, and our team will be glad to assist.