Note* The Two-factor Authentication must be turned off to achieve the connection.
For interfacing with the Autodesk Cloud license manager, there are several components that need to be implemented. In order to get license usage information, the OpenLM Server needs to be connected to the Autodesk Cloud admin portal. The license usage itself is gathered by the OpenLM in two possible ways:
- With the Workstation Agent or Autocad Plugin, which communicates with the OpenLM Applications Manager, then the data is transmitted to the Server. This method shows data about usage.
- When the OpenLM Applications Manager is not implied, only data about quantity is gathered. Please consult the Applications Manager document to see how to obtain this information.
The following steps will demonstrate how to configure the Autodesk Cloud license manager with OpenLM and gather quantity data:
1. Open up the EasyAdmin User Interface.
2. Click Start→Administration→License Manager Servers→Add LM to add a new server to be monitored.
3. Give the license manager a descriptive name under the Display name.
4. Select Autodesk Cloud license manager type from the dropdown menu. The LM address field will be populated by default.
5. Enter Autodesk Cloud Account admin credentials (Username and password).
6. Select the time zone of the License Manager server.
7. Click ‘TEST Connection’. A successful result will look like this:
8. Click ‘SAVE’
9. All the relevant server and its usage and/or allocation data should appear in all reports within minutes.