OpenLM supports license monitoring of a wide and ever growing variety of license managers.
This application note presents steps required to configure OpenLM to interface Altium, to monitor license usage and obtain license statistics. OpenLM only supports Altium version Designer 2018 and higher.
This document describes the proper configuration assuming the mandatory Infrastructure Server is installed and accessible.
Introducing Altium server #
Configure Altium server under License Servers tab following the next steps:
- Select License Servers tab.
- Click Add button.
- Check Enabled checkbox.
- Select Altium from the Type drop-down menu.
- Insert a description in the Description text box.
- Set Time Zone of License Server’s physical location.
- Submit an appropriate Hostname and Port numbers. (e.g. Hostname: Altium_Server, port: 123).
- Set an appropriate user and password which you use to log in to Altium Infrastructure Server by clicking Set button.
- Click Apply button.
Altium server is now ready to interface with OpenLM.
OpenLM User Interface web application #
1. Start the OpenLM EasyAdmin User Interface web application
2. Click Start → Widgets → License Servers:
The “License Servers” window will appear:
3. Verify that the configured Altium license manager appears on the list. A green circle node indicates an active connection to license server.