OpenLM supports license monitoring of a wide and ever-growing variety of license managers.
This guide presents the steps required to configure OpenLM to interface Altium, to monitor license usage and obtain license statistics. OpenLM only supports Altium version Designer 2018 and higher.
This document describes the proper configuration assuming the mandatory Infrastructure Server is installed and accessible.
Introducing Altium server #
Configure the Altium server using OpenLM EasyAdmin User Interface following the next steps:
- Open the Easyadmin User Interface. Click on OpenLM Start → Administration → License Manager server. This will launch a window.
- Click the ’Add LM’ button.
- Insert a description in the Description text box (e.g. “Altium License Server”).
- Select Altium from the Type drop-down menu.
- Enter the LM Address: This means the license managers address where the Altium is hosted.
- Enter the Username and Password which you use to log in to Altium Infrastructure Server.
- Set the Time Zone the same as the Altium license server.
- After entering the above details please click on the “TEST CONNECTION” button.
- Once the connection is established successfully and you see the pop-up for the same.
- Click on “Save”.
The Altium server is now ready to interface with OpenLM.
OpenLM User Interface web application #
- Start the OpenLM EasyAdmin User Interface web application.
- Click Start → Widgets → License Servers.
- The “License Servers” window will appear.
- Verify that the configured Altium license manager appears on the list. A green circle node indicates an active connection to the license server.