This document describes the steps required to interface OpenLM with the tNavigator License Manager to monitor license usage and obtain license statistics.
To query the tNavigator License Manager, the following components must be installed:
- OpennLM SLM v2x installed on a machine in your organization
- OpenLM Broker v23.8or higher installed on the same machine as the tNavigator License Manager
Monitoring capabilities and features #
The current monitoring capabilities available for tNavigator through OpenLM Broker are as follows:
|Feature||Resolution||License totals||License usage||Denials Reporting||Borrowed License Reporting||Expiration Date Reporting||Multiple Server Redundancy|
OpenLM Broker configuration #
Diagram of how OpenLM interfaces with the tNavigator LicenseManager
Broker Configuration #
- On the tNavigator license manager machine, open any convenient web browser. In the address bar type in the Broker web UI address: http://localhost:5090/;
- Click on the License Managers tab then Add License Manager:
- A pop-up will open. From the drop-down list select the License Manager type and input the port number. Click Add:
- In the newly opened screen, (Commands tab), type in or browse to the tNavigator path where you have installed the License Manager.
- Click Execute to make sure there are no errors in the command
- Switch to the Vendors tab then click Add Vendor. A pop-up window will appear. In the text field input tNavigator then click Continue.
- Switch to the Log Files tab, click Add Log File, and browse to where the tNavigator log file is located. Make sure the Watch File by Pattern toggle is turned on. Click Continue.
OpenLM SLM configuration #
If you have followed the steps in the section above, the OpenLM Broker should now be transmitting data to OpennLM SLM. The final step is to approve the configuration in EasyAdmin User Interface:
- Open the EasyAdmin User Interface by accessing Windows Start → OpenLM → OpenLM EasyAdmin User Interface→Start→Widgets→License Manager – Servers.
- Navigate to the Servers pending approval icon and click on it.
- In the newly opened prompt, double-click on the license manager with Pending Status, (i.e tNavigator). Note the Type will be displayed as OpenLM Generic).
- Give a descriptive name to the added connection (e.g tNavigator) or leave the default one. Also, leave the default type “OpenLM Generic”.Make sure the Enabled toggle button is on. Click Approve.
At this point, the tNavigator License Manager has been automatically added to OpennLM SLM and the configuration is complete. It will take a few moments until the data is parsed and available. The green circle will confirm the status.
How to verify your tNavigator License Manager configuration
To check if the tNavigator License Manager server is being monitored correctly:
- Open the EasyAdmin User Interface in your browser.
- Click EasyAdmin User Interface Start → Widgets → License Servers. Verify that the configured license manager appears in the server list. A green circle node indicates an active connection to the license server.
Please note that sometimes it may take up to 3 minutes for the status indicator to change if this is a new connection.